05| Chapter Five

She's awake? That's really good to hear. -Jungkook

Delila’s POV

Food served on the table made me drool just from the smell I breathe in as I raised the plate of mixed rice closer to my nose. Without asking further about the ingredients put inside, I took a spoonful of the rice into my mouth.

Is there any meat inside?

I almost threw up the moment I realised there could be meat cooked with the rice. Junghyun Oppa who was standing near the edge of the table chuckled at the sight of me scratching the rice for any meat inside.

“There’s no meat inside. You can eat it. Jungkook just put some veggies and nothing more,” said Junghyun. He knew exactly what I had in my mind that he could answer the question I had not yet asked.

“Ah, re-really?” I stuttered, not knowing whether my reaction was overboard. I could have hurt their feelings. They had prepared me a meal yet I was hesitant to eat. They probably were not fond of my reaction.

I added, “I’m sorry. It’s just that I can’t eat meat cooked by non-Muslim. They are not-”

“Halal, right?” Junghyun asked, leaving me in shock of his knowledge on halal food. I nodded in return before he continued, “Trust me. I had asked Jungkook before. He didn’t put any meat inside. Please eat it. You’re probably craving right now looking at the way you had vomited on the boat.” 

He added,“Hana-ya, I’ll take you and Areum somewhere after you have finished eating. It's a really beautiful place and I believe you’re gonna love it.” Junghyun told me the plan he had for me and Areum later.

I nodded in agreement while chewing the food I had in my mouth.

Junghyun smiled at my antics. He then looked towards Jungkook who had just arrived from the back lawn, "Jungkook, you wanna join us?"

"Mwo? What're you talking about, hyung?" asked Jungkook, not knowing what Junghyun was talking about. He was removing his hand gloves as he made his way to the tap water nearby to wash his hands.

Halmeoni on the other hand interrupted, "Jungkook should go too. It's better to have more companies. It'll be so much fun. Plus, Areum and Hana are our guests. Right, Jungkook?"

Bewildered with his halmeoni's answer, Jungkook nodded.

An awkward smile crept on his face when his eyes met mine.

|¶|

I went inside halmeoni's room once I entered the house after having a hearty meal outside. Jungkook was indeed a good cook. Or was I too hungry to say so. I couldn't be so sure.

Reaching my backpack from inside the cloth shelf, I took out my phone to check on the time.

Beyond my surprise, it was past Zuhr prayer and I had not performed it yet. I quickly turned on the Muslim Pro application to find out the Qiblat direction to perform my salah.

Hurriedly, I made my way out of the room to find the toilet.

I scanned the whole interior of the house. It was a traditional Korean house. There were only three doors. One led to the outside of the house. The other two were halmeoni's and Jungkook's rooms.

Where's the toilet?

I need to ask halmeoni or Junghyun oppa where the toilet is.

As I grabbed the knob and opened the front door, Jungkook was standing before me. His right hand was about to reach the door knob but my hand was faster.