06| Chapter Six

Hana took a glance at the guitar on Jungkook's back as she walked behind him and realised she had forgotten to bring hers. 

She whispered to Areum who was walking by her side, "Areum-ah, I forgot to bring my guitar."

"Oh, you're right. Why didn't you bring it? You had trouble bringing the guitar here though. What a waste." Areum sighed. She knew better than anyone how Hana had been struggling along their journey to Busan while carrying the guitar which was half of her size. 

Areum knew Hana really well. Being Hana's friend from when they first met during orientation until now, Areum realised the passion Hana had for music was genuine.

The place Junghyun oppa would bring them to was a great choice for Hana to hum some new melodies. She always came out with great and wonderful melodies during vacation. Perhaps, being outside and getting closer to nature inspired her better than stuck in the college.

"I haven't seen my guitar since I woke up. Maybe that's why I forgot about it." Hana mentioned. 

"Ahh. Your guitar. Junghyun oppa carried it from the boat," answered Areum. She then called out Junghyun's name, "Oppa!"

Junghyun who was walking beside Jungkook turned his back towards Areum. "Eo? What is it?" 

They did not stop walking. Their steps just became smaller as they conversed.

Areum answered with another question, "Oppa, where did you put Hana's guitar?" 

Junghyun immediately looked at Hana who was looking at him, waiting for an answer. 

Jungkook, on the other hand, glanced to his left, towards Junghyun. Hana's guitar was in his room. Junghyun put it inside Jungkook's room since there was no available space in halmeoni's room.

Eo? Her guitar is in my room. Hana ssi!

He was about to open his mouth to say that the guitar was in his room but Junghyun was faster.

"Your guitar is in Jungkook's room, Hana-ya. I'm sorry I forgot to tell you about it." Junghyun stated.

Why do I need to answer her question?
Why do I want to answer her question?

-JK

Hana, feeling bewildered of Junghyun's sudden apology, hurriedly said, "It's okay, oppa. There's no need to apologize. Really. You've already had a hard time carrying the guitar from the boat." 

"I'm so thankful for that. Thank you, oppa." A smile crept on Hana's face as she uttered thanks. 

Junghyun nodded. "It's fine. Later pick it up from Jungkook's room before we board the boat this evening." Junghyun reminded Hana and Areum. They still got enough time before the last boat departed. That was why Junghyun suggested going for a walk to the waterfall.

Bringing her right hand to her forehead, Areum answered on Hana's behalf while saluting, "Neh oppa!" 

"Hahaha," Both Hana and Areum giggled on Areum's antics.

Junghyun let out small laughs. 

Jungkook remained silent. He did not bother to laugh at silly antics like Areum just did. After Dae Oh's death, Jungkook did not merely laugh at simple jokes. He was more used to keeping his emotions within himself; looking cool on the outside but craving for someone to share his emotions with from the inside.

But Hana's question somehow triggered him to answer though she did not ask him. Why?

|¶|

"Wah..Neomu yeppeo. (It's so beautiful)" Areum was mesmerized looking at the beautiful view laid in front of her eyes as they spotted the running waterfall from the pathway they were walking on.