10| Chapter Ten

"I wonder if you and my hyung are in a relationship." asked Jungkook, leaving Hana with nothing but a shock. She was taken aback as he asked her that question.

"Neh?" asked Hana, with both her eyebrows raised high. She had no idea how Jungkook ended up with that kind of conclusion regarding her relationship with Junghyun oppa.

"Where are you getting the idea from?" Hana asked, for clarity.

As far as she knew, she had never shown any affection towards Junghyun oppa nor did he.

She had no feelings for Junghyun oppa. And she needed to tell Jungkook about that.

And,

A feeling from inside her urged her to let Jungkook know the truth.

Jungkook, flustered over Hana's question, felt wrongly for asking her that.

How rude of him in the sight of Hana for his stupid question.

"I didn't mean to make you feel bad," uttered Jungkook, feeling bad as he is.

"But I'd feel bad if I didn't ask you that question. Cause I want to know the truth from you," added Jungkook, leaving Hana with butterflies in her stomach.

"I wanna know whether you and my hyung have feelings for each other."

Hana, whose eyes were glued to Jungkook's, as if being possessed, straight away gave an answer, "No. We're just friends."

Hearing those words from Hana, Jungkook's face brightened.

"But why are you asking me that?" Hana asked, not leaving her mind wandering over Jungkook's reasons for the question he had just asked.

"It's a mark of a new friendship between me and you. And not a mere encounter between two strangers during vacation. Plus, I can't be your friend if you have a special relationship with my hyung." He raises his right eyebrow.

It's the only reason he can think of right at that moment. He can't possibly tell her that his heart has been restlessly thinking about the possibility of Hana and Junghyun being together and how she has been taking up the space in his mind since the night in Hongdae.

"Aah...," uttered Hana while giving a slight nod to Jungkook's answer.

In her mind, Jungkook seems to have a point with his first reason. Things will end between them once she returns back to Seoul and what happens in Busan, particularly in halmeoni's house will remain as a memory she has with two strangers in her life.

But, let's say I am his brother's special someone, it doesn't mean we can't be friends, right?

Jungkook adds, "I think we can stop using honorifics. From now on, you can call me Jungkook."

"Jungkook-ssi.."

"Jung. Kook. Just Jungkook." Jungkook corrects Hana, emphasising the pronunciation of his name.

"Eo..Jungkook," said Hana, shy.

"Excuse me for a second," Jungkook then steps back into his room and walks towards his bed to retrieve his phone before he unlocks it.

"Now that we have become friends, we need to know each other's phone number, right?" asked Jungkook.

Hana nods hesitantly.

"So, what's your phone number?" asked Jungkook.

Hana, feeling awkward with Jungkook's new way of calling her name, slowly mentions her phone number to him.