Prologue

“Did you forget anything? Phone charger? Passport? Oh, and money?” Her mother asked, unable to hide her worried face. Delila seemed to have noticed her mother's expression that she decided to loosen her tense by saying, “I totally forgot something!”

“What? What is it? I told you to be more careful when you packed all your things into the luggage, see how messed it is now! We can't go back-” Her mom's blabbering stopped as Delila leaned in closer and gave her a warm hug. 

A smile never seemed to leave her face as Delila jokingly said, “I left my foot traces all over the house.” 

“You silly girl!” Her father voiced out from behind her mother. Delila stretched her hand out for her father and pulled him into a big, family hug right in the middle of the entrance to the International Departure Hall in Kuala Lumpur International Airport. 

Her father groaned as he was trapped in his youngest daughter's embrace which looked like it would never end. Though he was well aware of his daughter's dreams, a part of him did not want to let Delila go. Living alone in a completely different country with distinct cultures and societies left him with nothing but prayers and hopes that she would be able to take care of herself.

They pulled away from the hug when Delila looked to her left. There sat a woman in her late 70s on the powered wheelchair, scanning Delila's face with a few drops of tears on both of her cheeks.

Delila bent over and gave a kiss on her grandmother's forehead. She whispered, “Grandma, I will be back. I promise. Don't miss me too much and please don't forget to have your medicines on time.” Her voice started to crack when her grandmother softly mumbled, “Hopefully I will still be alive when you come back.” 

“No, don't say that, Grandma!” A silent tear rolled down her rosy cheek as she hugged her grandmother tightly. Deep in her heart, she prayed earnestly that her grandmother would be blessed with long life and great health. 

“I need to go now. I'll call you later.” She said as she reached for her luggage and hoisted her backpack over her shoulder, wiping away the tears that had dried out. 

“Don't try to get yourself a boyfriend there, understand?” Nazim voiced out after keeping himself silent for a while. His hands are crossed over his chest. He was staring into her eyes with his eyebrows raised, kind of giving the feeling of doubt, on his little sister. 

“I will not!” Delila replied, defending herself as she took his right hand and placed a kiss above his knuckles. 

“Just focus on your study and gain as much knowledge and experience as you can.” He advised, patting her on the head.

Indeed, he is right. I need to stay focused. I'm about to leave all my family members here and go to Korea alone with one dream: To learn about the music entertainment industry and how Korea manages to steal the hearts of the whole world to listen to its music. My sincere hope is that the Islamic music industry would follow the world's trends and perhaps da'wah would be easier with more followers in the future. 

She waved a final goodbye as she turned around while accelerating up the escalator, to the second floor. The faces she would not get to see for a few years ahead were returning their waves making her sob by the time their presence could not be seen anymore. 

|¶|

Hyung! I told you to bend your body this way!” Jungkook stood up after resting for a few minutes to teach Jin how to dance his part in Fake Love better. He added, “If you do it the way you did, you may strain your back. It's dangerous, hyung.” He felt the need to tell his thoughts on Jin's dance. It was a bold move Jin had just done which might lead him to injury.  

Gomapta, Jungkook-ah.” Jin thanked Jungkook for pointing out how he could improve on his dance. 

Bangtan members were practicing Fake Love choreography in Big Hit dance studio that evening. There were a few days left before they would fly to New York to perform at the Billboard Music Award for the first time. 

“I still can not believe we are invited to the award show. Last year was jeolo enough with AMA but this year is getting better.” Namjoon let out his inner thought while scooting over on his chair, hand reaching the chopstick, ready to take his first scoop of Jajangmyeon.

Majayeo, hyung.” Jungkook agreed, with his mouth filled with the black bean sauce noodles, nodding a few times before continuing, “We need to do our best. Ah, and Jimin hyung!” He pointed his right hand towards Jimin who was eating peacefully beside Taehyung.

Mwo?” Jimin asked, raising his eyebrows out of curiosity.

Hyung made a few mistakes when we practiced. You really need to work on it, bro.” Jungkook stressed the fact. 

Neh, Jungkook shi.” Jimin nodded once. He used the word shi whenever Jungkook acted like an older brother to him. He was not offended by Jungkook rather the maknae's wits made him laugh and adore him even more. 

Jungkook chuckled. He knew Jimin hyung would never get mad at him. Jimin hyung is BTS angel after all.

They talked and discussed the choreography further when one of the managers came into the dining hall, with shocking news, “Guys, I know this is gonna be hard on you but," He pauses for a while. Taking a deep breath and letting out a sigh, he continued, "manager Hwang nim had a fatal accident on his way back and by the time he was brought to the hospital, he was gone. Yeongwonhi.” 

Mwo?” All the members were surprised at the sudden news of manager Hwang nim's death. Manager Hwang had been taking care of them since their debut days. They had a special bond with him. 

The hall suddenly became silenced and that was when their manager added, “And we're going to have a new interim assistant manager starting from next week, right after you guys getting back from the Billboard event.” 

“Interim assistant manager? Does that even exist?” J-hope asked, out of admiration of the word interim the manager had just blurted out. 

“Whatever. I'm not interested in him, man.” Yoongi stated. Being the savage Suga as he is always, the news of his manager's death affected him in a way he could not understand.

The manager corrected Yoongi's statement over the gender, “It's her actually.” 

All seven members of BTS were in awe at the second shocking news their manager had just delivered. Having a female manager? Could it get any better? 

On the other hand, Jungkook stared down at the floor. He would not lift his face. The painted black from the jajangmyeon sauces on the chopstick he was still holding, had dripped onto the plastic bowl. He could not decipher the news yet. Manager Hwang was one of the nicest hyung he had ever known. 

He stood up abruptly from his chair, stomping his feet towards the door, exiting himself in no time, leaving the members puzzled by his reaction.

“Jungkook-ah, where are you going?” Taehyung shouted. The only answer he got was the sound of the door closing shut by Jungkook.

“Let him be,” Jimin reassured. “He's probably in shock of the news.”

|¶|

Hi! 👋

It's my first time writing a fan fiction story. And since I adore Jungkook's handsome face so much, here it is.

What do you guys think of the prologue?

✌️ Please vote, comment, or share Lovint Her.

✌Any constructive comments are allowed.

✌ I'm still a beginner, so please expect imperfections throughout my story.

❤ -MissF-