08| Chapter Eight

Delila's POV

I went into halmeoni's room the first thing after we finished talking. Halmeoni insisted for me to get some rest and sleep early though I had offered myself to wash the dishes.

Having no clean clothes to wear, I thought I would be sleeping in the same outfit for that night.

I fetched the pouch bag I had brought over from inside my backpack. I needed to go and wash myself. I had not yet performed Maghrib prayer.

As I was about to leave the room, halmeoni entered and asked, "Where are you going, Hana-ya?"

I answered, "I'm going to the toilet, halmeoni. Is there anything you want me to get for you?" I wondered if she needed something.

"Aniya. Come here," asked halmeoni while gesturing to me to stand beside her in front of the closet. She had a four tier closet making up four levels of drawers where she put her clothes in.

She opened up the top drawer where her pants were arranged neatly inside. She had quite a number of hareem pants which were mostly flowery.

Oh God!

Halmeoni insisted, "You can use my cloth to wear for tonight. And also tomorrow. Just pick whichever that you like."

I smiled and thanked halmeoni for her consideration. But those flowery pants were not in my to-wear lists, to be honest.

But I couldn't possibly say no to halmeoni. Not only that I did not have any clothes left to wear, I was not comfortable wearing the same attire I had from this afternoon for sleeping. How itchy could it be.

Suddenly halmeoni spotted a pant that according to her she had not worn. Not even once.

Among all those fancy flowery pants she had, she picked one and said, "Wear this one. It's gonna make you feel warm when you go to sleep tonight. This one is new. It was Jungkook's in the first place but it was too small for him so he gave it to me."

I took it from her and scanned the pant from top to bottom as I unfolded the giant dinosaur printed pant.

Oh My God!

Before I could even say anything, halmeoni closed the drawer and opened another one from the bottom to find me a shirt to wear.

"This one," said halmeoni as she picked a shirt before she handed it to me.

"Halmeoni...." I stuttered as I saw the shirt was fully printed with flowers.

"Why? Is it not beautiful? You want me to pick another one?" She asked.

You're gonna wear this to sleep only. You're gonna be fine.
No one's gonna see you in that.

"No halmeoni. It's okay," I lied. I felt the need to be thankful and appreciative over what she had done to me. I should not judge her preference as she chose the clothes for me. I didn't want to let her down so I added, "Thank you, halmeoni. I'm gonna go and get changed."

While Jungkook was doing the dishes, I quickly made my way out of the house. I brought my backpack over with the shirts and pants inside. I wanted to get some shower and clean myself.

Walking by my own on my way to the outhouse was not an easy path. To be honest, I was afraid and in regret for not asking halmeoni to keep me company. But she looked tired already. I couldn't bear letting her wait for me.

It was dark that I couldn't look far into the distance like I did during the day.

There was light but not bright enough for me to shine off the fear I had in my mind. Rather than ghosts, I was afraid of bad people.