03| Chapter Three

"Hurry up, Hana! We're gonna be late. Junghyun Oppa is waiting for us." Areum urged Hana to walk faster when she realized Hana was a few steps back. 

"I-I know," said Hana as she adjusted the guitar bag she had been holding over her shoulder. As she ran, the padded bag holder started to slip down from her shoulder. She started to feel tired of all the walking she did upon getting off from the bus. They had to take the bus from Busan Train Terminal station to Mandeok-dong.

"I don't know what's good is there for the guitar to come along." Areum nagged soon as she stopped, watching Hana struggling with the guitar which was half of her size. 

"I need it. Who knows being in your hometown will inspire me to write a good melody? You know I love doing this, right?" Hana made her own points.

Areum insisted, "You're right. But, it seems heavy and you can't even walk faster than you are now."

"Okay, okay, I'm gonna walk faster. Don't worry, we're not gonna be late." Hana assured Areum they won't be late.

As both of them reached the bus stop, Hana hurriedly found herself a seat on the bench facing the street of Mandeok-dong, Busan. Tired of carrying the guitar suitcase by herself, she felt the need to sit as soon as she spotted an empty spot on the bench. 

“Tired already?” Areum asked, cynically at the sight of Hana catching her breath by the bus terminal. Hana, on the other hand, was busy fanning herself using the portable handheld fan, not minding the smirk on Areum’s face. “Where is Junghyun ssi?” wondered Hana when there was no sight of Junghyun yet according to Areum, he should be here by the time they reached the bus terminal.

“He should be here by now.” Areum looked at the watch on her wrist, confirming the time Junghyun had promised to be there to pick them up. She continued, “As far as I remember, this terminal is not far away from the house we used to live in when we were kids.” 

Areum could still remember the day she left the city. It was a hard decision made by her parents to move out and start a new living in the United Kingdom. She was against the decision the first time she heard about moving out since most of her best friends were living in the city, including Jungkook and Junghyun.

“Where is he by the way?” Hana asked, moving her body to her right, leaving space for Areum to take a seat beside her. She asked, “Perhaps, he forgot about us! I think you should give him a call.” 

Areum reached for her phone from her pocket, straight away dialing Junghyun’s number as Hana had suggested. 

“Yeoboseyeo? (Hello?) Areum-ah?” It took a few seconds for Junghyun to pick up the call. “Oppa! Where are you now? We’re in Mandeok-dong already.” Areum explained their current location to Junghyun.

“I’m on my way there. I’m sorry but I got to handle a few things before. That’s why I'm a little late. I’m sorry.” Junghyun asked Areum to wait for him as he was about to reach the bus terminal. 

“Sure, Oppa.” Areum nodded and ended the call before letting Hana know about Junghyun’s situation.

|¶|

"Junghyun ssi, I think it's better if we rent any nearby inn rather than staying in your house while we're here. I don't want to make your family uncomfortable with our stay," Hana voiced out her opinions when she found out Junghyun was driving straight to his house after picking them up from the bus terminal.

"That's right, Oppa. Aunt and uncle may not like the idea of us staying in your house." Areum added, agreeing to what Hana had said.

Junghyun stated, "It's fine. They knew you were coming so they asked me to let you guys stay with us. Mom's excited to meet you, Areum. And of course, you too, Hana."