CHAPTER 33

***UNEDITED***

THROUGH THE silhouette of dancing shadows and under the blinding lights, a man was so silent while drinking himself to oblivion. The loud music almost made the whole crowd go crazy around him. But he, on the couch stayed silent and gloomy.

Curse felt the burning sensation of alcohol running down his throat. It was so strong yet it was nothing for he's already numb for it.

On his side was Luscious muttering something to himself as if he completely became mad like him. It was so strange for him to act this way. No, scratch that. Luscious never acted this way. He was cold, arrogant, and indifferent like most of his friends. And that goes the same for him-- before.

But looks like they've been cursed at the same time. And it was the words with four letters-- love.

Curse took another shot before hearing someone asked, "Oh anong nangyare dito?" It was Trace who just came from no one knows.

His jaw tightened. He balled his fist and growled in a low voice when his temples throbbed in pain. It's no surprise for he already spent his day since Joy left, here-- drinking every alcohol in front of him.

"You should go home, man. Kanina ka pang umaga dito," Ace said in a sullen expression.

He's not sure if it's for him, Luscious, or Trevor. Yes, Trevor! He's sure as hell that something's off with him as well.

"And you think he can drive?" Raze tittered in great sarcasm.

Ace replied, "No, that's why I called you here."

"This is stupid, but whatever."

"Hey. The whole gang is here?" It was Kraze who asked but it sounded more like a statement to him. He continued, "Geez, what happened to these f*ckers?"

"That's also my question," Trace added.

Trevor who's sitting on the single couch mumbled, "I am just drinking myself to oblivion, without any apparent reason."

Someone's being so defensive.

"And pigs can fly," Shy commented in a singsong voice to scorn the latter.

He was so busy with his own thoughts not minding his friends so much. But no matter how much he tried to act cool, he just felt so f*cked up. He was in a mess. That's what it is.

Of course! Right at this moment, he can only think of his wife's whereabouts. But he doesn't have the courage to go find her. After all he said and done, Curse doubts that Joy will still choose to be with him.

And he felt more broken and just downright hopeless because of that thought. He couldn't even imagine surviving the next days without her. Days... if it will only be for that amount of time. And he doubted that.
Because he's not even sure if Joy will ever come back to him.

He thought of Joy's last words before she left.

She said, 'Thank you.'

Thank you?!

He wanted to laugh out loud in agony.

Thank you for what? For what exactly she was thanking him?!

Her words doesn't made any sense to him. Well it's better than assuming its meaning and be broken more than he already is.

Curse lifted his head and saw Trevor's straight and insouciant face. But despite that, the light that was visibly clear in his eyes looked so contradicting.

And he wondered if he looked stupidly the same.

Then his subconsciousness whispered to him, "Your wife is still your wife. She's still yours but here you are doing nothing to keep her. Are you giving up after so many years? Ngayon pa na alam mong mahal ka pa rin niya?"