Chapter nine

"Hey, um, if I am not mistaken, do I know you...?"

Athanasia turned around.

Silky white hair and golden eyes meet face-to-face with Athanasia.

'Ijekiel....what is he doing here...?'

.

.

.

"O-Of course not! Who are you?" Was Athy's quick reply.

Ijekiel Alpheus, the son of Duke Alpheus, the next heir to the Alpheus dukedom, approached a commoner, and the commoner's response was just a"O-Of course not! Who are you?"

Sounds a bit rude, no?

'Wow, Athy. Way to go. Couldn't you have at least talked just a bit less rudely? Or at least, I don't know, bowed and kissed his feet or something? Listen, Lucas already told you that he cast a spell to replace your eye and hair color, that means in the eyes of someone else, you're just a commoner. Ijekiel probably just mistook you for someone he used to know. Well of course, he knew a lot of people because he is the DUKE'S SON FOR GOODNESS SAKE-'

Ijekiel's voice interrupted Athy's train of thoughts off.

"Oh...I thought you were someone I used to know. I'm sorry if I offended you." Ijekiel bowed. "I apologize on interrupting your date with this young man-

"I-IT'S NOT A DATE!" Athy abruptly yelled, blushing.

"Oh~ really? I see, have fun with your, ahem, friend, young miss." Ijekiel chuckled, smiling.

'You cheeky little ....' Athy angrily thought.

.

.

.

"PWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! YOU'RE SUCH A LOSER HAHAAAHAHHAHHAH!!!!" Lucas burst into laughter.

Athy groaned in embarrassment.

"When will you stop laughing already?!"

"HHAHAHAHAHAHA! NEVER! PWAHAHHAAH!!! A DATE!?!? THE MUTT REALLY IS BLIND ENOUGH TO THINK THAT I WOULD DATE A LOSER LIKE YOU??!?!! AHAHHAHAHA!!!" Lucas roared with laughter.

A tick mark formed on top of Athy's head. Lucas's laughter grew louder.

They were sitting at a public park. There are almost no people around, so the two could talk as freely and loudly as they wanted.

"Let's go back already." Athy abruptly said, cutting Lucas's laughter off.

"Hey now, don't be rude. We still haven't saw the final gift yet!" Lucas smirked.

'Gift? What gift? All he did today was just laugh at me like a lunatic and watch me embarrass myself in front of everybody!'

"What are you talking abou- AAAA!!!" Athy was suddenly way up high in the air. "LUCAS!! PUT ME DOWN!! IT'S NOT FUNNY!! I'M SCARED OF HEIGHTS!!!" Athy whined.

"Calm down you lunatic." Lucas said, popping up right beside Athanasia.

'Lunatic?!? the only lunatic around here is YOU!' Athy thought agitated.

"Wow, Is floating me up in the air supposed to be a 'gift?'" Athy asked sarcastically.

"Pfft- you seriously are blind." Lucas laughed.

"What do you mean?!?" Another tick mark formed on Athy's head.

"Look below you." Lucas pointed below.