Chapter three

"Princess, look at all these invitations!" Lily says as she hands me lots of letters from different households. 

So this is what happens when daddy escorts me during the debutante ball...

"Why not to go Marquiss Irane's house first? I heard there's a really handsome young boy there!" Hannah squeals. 

"That's for the princess to decide, Hannah." Lily scolds. 

I just sit there, looking at invitations. Aaaah, I don't want to deal with them right now... But I am a princess, so I just can't ignore it...besides, I bet daddy has to do way more work then just looking at invitations. Also isn't it my job to attend these social gatherings? 

I continue to look through the invitations to see one that came from Duke Alpheus. It didn't say it came from Jeanette or Ijekiel, just duke Alpheus, that's strange since most letters came from the daughters or sons of nobles from the debutante ball. 

Just what is that dog planning now?

I began to think, should I attend it? It says on the letter that some other nobles will be going there, too. 

Should I ask dad if I could go?

.

.

.

"Daddy?" I ask as I enter his office. "Are you busy?"

"...sit down for now. Let me sort through these documents first...then the trade thing.....and the construction of the bridge.......and-

"Dad?" I ask. He seems to be mumbling a lot. Is he tired? "You seem to be really busy, I guess I will leave for now then, I could talk to you later..."

"I'm not that busy." He says. But a minute ago he was mumbling something about a trade thingy...

"Are you sure?" I ask.

"Yeah. So why did you come here?" 

"Well, some people sent me letters asking for me to attend some social gatherings, so can I go?" I ask with my infamous puppy dog eyes. 

"No." He responded quickly. 

"But- 

"How dare those filthy nobles ask you to attend their silly little gatherings. They must have a death wish or something- 

"Dad! This might be a good way for me to make friends! Can I go? Please?" I ask, again with my pleading puppy dog eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

Third person P.O.V. ( bet u didn't expect that)

Claude was a little upset that Athanasia wanted to attend the social gatherings requested by nobles, and didn't allow her to do that. However, he allowed her to have her own social gathering here at the palace. But even so, he was still worried. 

'What if someone attacks her?'

'What if someone poisons her?'

'What if someone decides to kidnap her?' 

And yes, all these thoughts belong to the cold emperor, Claude de Alger Obelia. Even though there are already many guards guarding the palace where the beautiful princess, Athanasia, lives, he still worries something might happen to her. Especially when there will be nobles coming there. Then he remembered something.