Chapter ten

"Hey."

A boy with dark hair and red eyes appeared by the balcony. It was nighttime.

"Lucas?" Athanasia sat up, yawning from her bed. "What are you doing here?"

"To clear up your mana mess." he tapped Athy's head. "There."

"Oh." Athy felt a sudden weight on her chest disappear. "Thanks, I guess..."

"You guess?" Lucas scoffed "I just saved your life from another mana attack."

"Yeah, yeah, sure, Mr.Genius wizard of the tower." Athy replied sarcastically.

Lucas snorted, as he flicked her head. A lullaby started playing and the room became warmer.

"Sleep. It's late."

"Stupid jerk..." Athy mumbled into her pillow.

Half asleep, Athy began thinking about the times she spent with Lucas.

'How come whenever I'm around him, there's this feeling....' Athy thought, about to fall asleep.

Tired eyes were about to close before Athy unknowingly mumbled something out loud.

With a soft whisper, Athy just said something she would have never said in a million years.

"Lucas...these days...for whatever reason....I couldn't stop thinking about you..." Athy mumbled as she fell asleep.

Lucas stared at her, wide-eyed. Hand slowly letting go of Athy's hair he was playing with just a moment ago, his eyes widened.

Eyes widened in shock, he stood there, staring at Athanasia for a long, long time.

He didn't sleep for the rest of the night.

.

.

.

.

.

"Good morning princess!" Lillian says as she gently nudges Athy awake. Hannah and Ces walks into the room as well, with dresses, perfume, and makeup.

Athy yawns as she gets up and stretches.

"Good morning Lillian! You too, Hannah, Ces!" Athy smiles. Today she was more lively than usual.

'That was a good night's sleep.' Athy thinks as she takes a bite of her breakfast.

Before she could take the first bite, Athy eyes the makeup and perfume.

Usually the maids wouldn't give her makeup or perfume unless it was a special occasion.

'Hm...I don't think there is anything planned today...' Athy thinks, confused.

"Lillian, is there anything special going on today?" Athy asks, confused.

"Oh? Did you forget? Today your friends are coming over for a tea party!" Lillian smiles. "Now time to get ready, you don't want to be late!"

'What?? A tea party?? Now?' Athy thinks, exhausted.

Though it was fun to hang out with girls from time to time, she was just out of it today.

"Lillian, is it alright if you send them away for today? I'll write letters of apology to them later, right now I'm pretty tired...." She lies. Athanasia actually felt better than usual today.

'I just didn't want to waste that energy on listening to rumors about how good looking certain boys are.'

Athy shudders at the thought of the last description of Lucas. It was so cheesy to the point where the poor princess was ready to throw up right then and there.