Chapter two

Athy P.O.V.

I look back up at the moon. I smile. 

"Thank you, Lucas." I whisper. The sounds of crickets chirping and the stars shining left a beautiful scenery in front of my eyes. A smile was plastered on my face. 

I slap my face one time. 

"No time for dawdling! I have to get back to the ballroom" I say to myself as I walk back to the ballroom. When I entered, there were people dancing. I spotted Felix at the corner of my eye. 

"Felix!" I say as I walked over to him. 

"Princess? Where were you? I was looking everywhere for you!" Felix says as rushed over to me. 

"S-Sorry... I took a break by the fountain." I reply. He sighed in relief. I guess I must have scared him. 

"Where is daddy?" I ask him. 

"He left to attend some business, but don't worry, he will be back soon." Felix says to me. I freeze. 

Business...?

I couldn't help but wonder what it could be. Is it Jeanette? 

I feel my heart beat faster by the minute. No, it couldn't be, could it? 

"Princess?" Felix asks me. I snap out of my thoughts. "Is something bothering you?" 

"Ah, no, it's nothing. I'm just a little tired, is all." I reassured him. I glanced at the crowd, and saw Ijekiel and Jeanette dancing. I sigh in relief. I guess they weren't going to introduce Jeanette to dad. I walk into the crowd to greet the guests. I mean, it was only normal to do so since I was the princess. 

"Princess Athanasia." I see Ijekiel say as he approached me. "I sincerely apologize for my rudeness towards you back at the fountain. I'm sorry." He says. 

"W-What are you sorry for? In fact, I should thank you since you kept me from falling into the fountain." I say, confused. What was he sorry for? 

"I shouldn't have asked if you would fall into the fountain again. That was rude of me." Ijekiel says as he bows. "I sincerely apologize." At the last sentence, people began staring at us, listening closely to our conversation, watching the scene in front of them.

Huh? 

He apologized just for that? 

"No need to apologize for something like that." I say. "Please, lift your head. I will take my leave now." I was about to leave him when he called me again. 

"U-Um, princess? If it isn't much of a bother... may I have this dance?" Ijekiel asks me as he puts his hand out towards me.

Gazing at the scene before me, with people surrounding us, it makes me think, Is he...testing me?  

What should I do? Accept or decline?

I want to decline, but with the people surrounding us like this, it doesn't feel right to decline. 

My mind was filled with thoughts until I finally came up with a plan to get away from this situation. Ok, now time to execute the plan. I started to loosen my ribbon secretly as I put my hands behind my back. 

"I am flattered that lord Alpheus is asking me to dance. And so I..." I pause as I felt the ribbon fall onto the floor.

"Oh, pardon me, my ribbon came loose." I say as I pick the ribbon off the floor. "I will ask a maid to help me tie it again." 

Ijekiel had a surprised look on his face. Before he could say anything, I walked towards a maid standing nearby. 

"Can you help me tie this again?" I ask as I hand her the ribbon.