Epilogue

It was a warm sunny day. Birds were chirping outside the windows of the tension-filled room, where a mother was giving birth to her first child.

"Push, lapushka. Push!"

"The baby is coming. It is crucial that you keep pushing, madam."

The mother was trying her best to not let the pressure suffocate the baby but the doula needed the baby to come out soon. The timing of the contractions called for it.

Ages seemed to pass by and the mother grew tired, but the people in the room weren't going to allow any form of sorrow that day. "One more time, my love!"

And there it was - the sweet cry of the baby.

"A baby girl!" The father kissed the mother's head. They were so proud of each other because they had been through a lot. Their past flashed before their eyes and they were happy in that moment.

They had a legacy that only they knew about, and they couldn't wait to impart it on their daughter. It was a secret worth keeping quiet to themselves, because no one would make any sense of it.

Only they didn't know what their future was going to be like. They weren't going to have a life with their child, for the child would be found at the border of Shu Han and would grow up in the famous orphanage, Keramzin.

While everyone was celebrating the newborn's birth, no one noticed the white energy that found its way to the baby in the crib. The energy had been waiting at a certain waterfall for almost a century as it waited for the right form to be imparted on. 

The child absorbed it without any difficulty and a warm smile spread across her face.

Adaline Chernoff would return, but not as herself, for her powers had found its way to the baby who would soon grow up to be the next Sun Summoner - Alina Starkov.

***********

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this story

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this story. Thank you to everyone who has supported it because this wouldn't have been possible without you. I am really excited to continue writing this trilogy because I have the sequels planned out. I cannot wait to write them!

Oh, by the way, Alina will be her own character in one of the sequels. I'm not going to change canon....much. I wouldn't dare go against my Sankta Bardugo!

I've always wondered how Alina got her powers since we don't know much about her past. So in this trilogy, her powers have originated from the Morana themselves (preferred pronoun for the Morana)

What are your theories? What do you think is going to happen? I look forward to your comments here.

Thank you once again

No Mourners!

A/N on 5th June, 2021: And please check out my original story 'A Flight's Desire' while procrasti-write the next two books!
Normally I wouldn't have typed this but it is very important to me and I would love your support for it! Thank you!