𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣: 𝒜𝓈𝓈𝒾𝑔𝓃𝓂𝑒𝓃𝓉

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««

"Y/n? Y/n?? Did you hear me, brat?" Captain Levi was getting annoyed at this point, glaring at you from across his desk

"Huh- Um- sorry Heichou..." you stuttered. You were incapable of formulating a coherent sentence. Did you hear Captain Levi correctly? No- it couldn't be. You told yourself not to hope. You told yourself that he would never come back to you.

Well, not to you. He was never yours.

He had just come back.

"Tch. Brat, I said that the Survey Corps mission to retrieve Jaeger was a success, however not without several casualties," Captain Levi's stoic voice almost wavered. "Anyhow," he steeled himself again, "We put him in the basement jail cell. You have been assigned as his prison guard for this week."

Your heart practically stopped. "Don't fret, brat," Captain Levi read your expression, "We have him contained, he can't harm you. We've received intelligence that he has been plotting with Zeke and perhaps Yelena, so be wary, the situation is volatile. You just need to watch him, give him food, make sure he doesn't do anything typical of his suicidal bastard self."

"Hai!" You managed a response.

"Good. Hange says he's a mess, but you'll be fine. Your shift starts in 15 minutes, make sure to take dinner for him when you go down. That will be all."

Your brain had been on autopilot, the information overload causing you to just accept orders. You took a few seconds and gathered your thoughts, beginning to become perplexed at the situation.

"Heichou?"

"What is it, brat?" Captain Levi was slightly irritated, but what's new anyway.

"Why is Eren in containment? Didn't y'all rescue him? And what plotting are you talking about?"

Levi gave an exasperated sigh, beginning to rub his temples.

"Y/n, has no one told you?"

You were nearly afraid to ask what he had been referring to. You looked down nervously, fidgeting with your uniform sleeve as you stood before your Captain.

"I'll take that as a no." He continued, sitting up in his chair. "I'm sorry you have to find out like this, I know you greatly admired Mr. Jaeger."

Your eyes darted upwards and met your Captain's. How did he know? You hadn't been that obvious about it, had you?

"I am observant of my scouts," he read your thoughts again. Captain Levi's intuition was scary. "Y/n, you might want to sit down, this story may take a while."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You closed the door to the Captain's office, wiping a tear from your eye. You paused, taking a minute to recollect yourself. You weren't mentally prepared for that. No one could have been. How did Eren... the righteous boy you once knew... turn into this cold, heartless tool of destruction?

You thought back to your training days in the Survey Corps, joining when you were 12, being close friends with your comrades, but never being close enough to him. You knew he wouldn't think of you like that; you two were friends, sometimes there was playful banter, but that was all. And of course, even later on, your awkward 15-year-old self would never confess her feelings to the titan shifter.

To make things even better, you were transferred to the Military Corps to protect Queen Historia due to your tactical expertise. You insisted upon fighting titans with your fellow soldiers, but Armin convinced you that your skills were more needed in the capital. You reluctantly complied, and when you eventually returned to the Survey Corps about two months ago, looking forward to seeing him, you heard that he had vanished to Marley. At this point, you convinced yourself he was gone forever.

You sighed. From the beginning, Eren had stood out to you. Those piercing teal green eyes, that determined rage and purpose, that drive to kill them all.

Okay, maybe this did make sense.

What he did was inexcusable, but in all of this, the boy just wanted to be free.

You dragged yourself out of your thoughts; they were only stagnating you. You had to go to the jail cell. You had to see him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks, Niccolo," you smiled at the former Marleyan chef, collecting the delicious dish he had prepared to carry to your charge.

You made your way down the several staircases and finally to outside the jail room. You took a deep breath, steadying yourself.

You opened the door and walked past the rows of cells. He was in the final one.

Eren had changed since you last saw him 4 years ago. He was always attractive, but now this man could actually set you on fire. His hair had grown out quite a bit to shoulder length. It was now in a disheveled bun, with the free strands framing his more sharply defined features. He was way taller than he had been. You two were almost the same height originally, but now he towered over you by at least a foot.

Eren's firm hands clenched either end of the wet sink against the wall, as his tall, muscular figure loomed in the darkness. He was staring intently into the mirror, brows furrowed, his beautiful teal eyes confronting themselves.

He wasn't. wearing. a. shirt.

He had a fuckkkinggg ten packkk.

You thought you heard him whisper something too, was it tatakae? It was bearly audible.

The scene before you had left you nearly incapacitated. You missed him so much, and you had convinced yourself he was dead or never coming back. You never expected to see him again, much less looking like this. You were so glad it was dark or else he would have seen your cheeks were red as fuck. You took a deep breath and called out to him.

"Eren."

He tensed up, shocked at the voice he was hearing. Could it be...?

Jaeger immediately shifted his attention from the mirror to your form growing nearer from the shadows. It was you.

"Y/n."

»» ──────ஓ๑♥๑ஓ ────── ««