Chapter One

"Abby! Charlotte's here to pick you up!" My mom yells from the kitchen. I check my face one last time in the mirror, and pluck a glob of mascara off my eyelash. My dirty blonde hair falls perfectly over my shoulders, and I smile. I look great.

"Abby! Hurry you're going to be late!"
I run downstairs and walk out the door.

"Bye, Abby," my mom says. I ignore her.

I know what you're thinking. What kind of daughter doesn't at least say bye to her mom? Well, honestly, my parents could care less. My dad's always working and my mom is always off helping my brother Louis with college. They don't care about me.

"Ayy, Abs!" Charlotte hands me a donut and I hand her a coffee.

"Ayy, Charles," I laugh. It's our thing. She hates store bought coffee- and I mean HATES it. I don't like to waste time eating at home and she lives by a donut shop, so everyday she grabs us each a donut, picks me up, and we drive to school.

"So, you excited for prom?" She asks me, sipping her coffee. I swallow my donut and smile.

"Duh," I answer.

"You're going with Niall, right?" She asks me. I nod

"He's my boyfriend. Why wouldn't I be going with him?" I ask her. She shrugs.

"I dunno. Maybe you guys broke up or something."

I laugh at her. Niall and I have been dating for four months. It's the longest relationship I've ever had, and I'm starting to think it will actually last through the rest of high school. Then, we will go to the same college (University of London) and get married.

I sigh. I can't wait until I get married.
We pull into the student parking and we get out.

"I look fine, right?" I ask her. She nods.
"You always look perfect, Abs. What about me?" She twirls around in her jeans, tank top, cardigan, and wedge heel sandals.

"How is it you make heeled shoes look comfortable?" We laugh and walk into school.

"Abby! Hi!" A freshman girl waves to me. Do I know her? I ignore the girl and keep walking.

"Hey, Charlotte!"

"Morning, Abby."

"Hi Charlotte!"

Yes, we are the queens of Jefferson High School, maybe even in all of Cheshire. It's fabulous.

"See you later, Abs," Charlotte waves to me and heads off to her first period geometry. I wave bye and walk down the hall to my art class.