Chapter Fourteen

"Can I please have rocky road in a waffle cone please?" Harry asks the lady on the other side of the ice cream freezers.

"Of course you can," she giggles and leans down to scoop the rocky road, purposefully showing off her cleavage.

I put my hand in Harry's and he looks at me, surprised.

The waitress gives him his ice cream. Harry says thank you, but his hand is still in mine.

"I'll take chocolate brownie in a waffle cone please," I tell the waitress. She gives me a dirty glare and scoops out the chocolate. She hands it to me abruptly, almost getting it all over my shirt.

I take it from her, and Harry removes his hand from mine.

"What-" I begin, then see he is only pulling out his wallet.

"A gentleman always pays on the first date," he chuckles, handing the lady some money. Then we walk out of the store, already eating our ice cream.

"Why'd you grab my hand in there?" Harry asks suddenly.

I blush. "No reason."

"I think you were jealous," Harry says, smirking.

"I was not!"

"Oh, yes you were!" Harry tickles my sides and I shriek with laughter.

"Harry, stop," I gasp. "You're going to make me drop my- my ice cream." He stops but continues laughing and I poke his dimple. That makes him laugh even more.

We sit down on the sea wall, in silence.

I'm thinking of Harry, about how I will probably wake up tomorrow having to start my relationship with over again. Who knows how long this will go on for?

"What are you thinking about?" Harry asks and I'm about to say 'nothing' when I remember that I get a do over day tomorrow. Even if it turns out Harry doesn't like me, it won't matter.

"You," I answer. His cheeks turn a rosy pink and he ducks his head. "What were you thinking about?" I ask him. He looks at me, his eyes pouring into mine.

"You."

I really want to kiss him right now. I feel my cheeks heat up and I look at my feet dangling off the edge.

"What about me?" I ask, biting my lip. He turns his head and gives me a smile.

"Your hair. The way it... Flows," I giggle at his choice of words. "The way you blush every time I compliment you. Your laugh. Your smile." I glance at him sideways, to find him already staring at me. I turn away quickly. I can feel him smirk at me.

"What were you thinking about me?" He asks.

"Umm..." I wish I had Harry's confidence. "Your smile," I admit, and he shoots me a smile. I feel myself blush. "Your hair. Your dimples," I laugh. "Your eyes. I wish I had them, they're an amazing color," I look up at him. Our lips are almost touching.

I lean forward and press my lips against his. He freezes, probably from surprise, then kisses back. I run my hands through his soft, dark hair. The sound of the waves crashing against the wall melt away. I feel myself getting light headed so reluctantly, I pull away.

"Wow," Harry breathes, standing up. I nod. "I was not expecting that." He looks at me, and I look back at him. He leans in for another kiss and I tilt my head up. His tongue grazes my lip and I keep my mouth closed, teasing him. He grabs my waist, pulling me into him. I gasp and his tongue slides into my mouth. I can feel his smirk on my lips.

"Mommy, what are they doing?" I hear a child's voice and pull away immediately. My face heats up as the mother gives us an apologetic face, leading her kid away.

Harry and I exchange glances then burst out laughing. I wipe a tear from my eye, looking at him. He tries to make a serious face but fails, laughing again. His laugh is so adorable, it's just... When you hear it, you want to laugh too.

"We should," Harry begins, laughing. "We should go back."

"Where?" I giggle.

"Prom," he answers. I freeze. I don't want to go to prom, I don't want to see Niall- I like Harry, but I still have some feelings for Niall too... And I'll probably see Charlotte there.

Harry must notice the hesitation on my face because then he suggests that we see a movie.

"Okay," I say softly, reaching for his hand. He smiles at me, then dips his head down to peck my lips.

"I guess you were jealous after all," he says.

"Or maybe I just wanted to hold your hand."