Chapter Four

"So, you said yes to Zayn, right?" I ask her when I sit down.

"Of course! He's going to be eating with us, by the way," She smiles.

I take a huge bite of pizza.

"Woah, girl! You don't want to blow up right before prom!" She laughs and I blush.

"Hey, proms tonight. I'm not going to look like a pufferfish in only 8 hours. Plus, I have carrot sticks," I wave them in her face and we crack up.

We finish eating and get up to throw out trash away.

"I need a smoke, come with me?" Charlotte asks. I nod.

I quit smoking 2 years ago, when my grandpa died from lung cancer.

Charlotte never did. I never had the heart to tell her that guys don't like girls who smell like cigarette smoke, plus it will kill you.

"Hey, you don't have to stand so far away. It's not like you'll start up again just from the smell," she beckons me closer and I give in.

"I know. I just don't want to smell bad," I say.

"Honey, we have gym next. We have perfume? You won't smell nearly as bad as me. And if anyone asks, we tell them that we were hanging around a bunch of cool guys who smoked," she looks at me.

"True," I shrug.

"Alright, let's head back now. The bells about to ring."

We run back and head to our lockers, which are and opposite sides of the school. I open my locker and as I turn around I see Harry standing behind me.

"Harry, I told you, I'm not going to prom with you," I go to walk around him, but he moves in the way.

"Listen, Abby," he runs his hand through his hair. My goodness that is sexy. "I just wanted to tell you that I saw what Charlotte told you to do. She told you to go into "bitch mode" whatever that means. And you did. I also saw the look on your face when you said those things to me. You looked almost... Mad at yourself. You wanted to go to prom with me," he finishes and looks down at me. Wow, he's actually taller than me. At least 6 feet. And his eyes are a beautiful color green.

I shake these thoughts away and look up at him.

"You know what? You're not always right. I have a boyfriend, who I love and who loves me, and I am grateful. And no, I was not mad at myself for saying those things," I tell him.
"Has anyone told you that you're a terrible liar," he smirks. I ignore him.

"What I told you was the truth, and you're lucky it was me who told you and not someone who absolutely hates you," I smile and try to walk around him but he blocks my path again.

"Really, because it seems like you hate me," He squints at me.

"Okay, why are you so obsessed with me all of a sudden?" I ask him.

"What? I'm not..." He trails off.

"Really? Because before today, I've never talked to you."

"I've tried to get your attention before but... You've never noticed," he mumbles.

Aww, really? Why haven't I noticed?
Okay, I need to stop. I have a boyfriend. And I love him. Right?
"Uh, I need to get to class," I mutter and finally he steps out of the way.
I walk into gym and change as quick as I can.

"You're late, Miss Tomlinson," Coach Peters frowns. I ignore him and sit next to Charlotte.

"Where were you?" She asks quietly.

"Harry," I say between gritted teeth.
She nods, as if she understands.