Chapter Eighteen

"Hey, Liam. This is Abby, she's going to sit with us today," Harry says once we get to his table, having just gotten food.

"Oh, right. I met her in bio today," Liam gives me a slight wave, and I wave back, sitting down.

"Really?" Harry asks, opening his chocolate milk.

"Yeah," Liam says, glancing at me.

"Oh. Why? Don't you have that other friend? What's her name? Claire or Charlie or something?"

"I used to," I shrug.

"Why not anymore?" He looks at me.

"Because she kissed my boyfriend- well, ex boyfriend. I found out... a couple days ago. But I didn't have the courage to break up with him until this morning."

"So that's why you said yes! I thought you were going to say no, because someone obviously would have asked you before me."

"Well, to be honest, I'd much rather go with you than him," I look at Harry, blushing.

He blinks, then leans forward slowly, until I can feel his breath on my face.

"Ew! Not here!" Liam covers his face with his hands. Harry and I pull away quickly.

"Liam, why do you always have to ruin everything?" Harry groans. I laugh at them and take a bite of pizza.

I see someone's shadow walking over too our table.

"Abby. What are you doing?" Zayn asks when he reaches our table.

"Uh, sitting with my friends," I answer, rolling my eyes.

"Why aren't you sitting with Charlotte and Niall?"

"In case you haven't heard, Niall and I broke up and I'm not talking to Charlotte."

"Charlotte says she's sorry."

"Zayn, if Charlotte was sorry, then she would come over here and apologize. She wouldn't make you do it for her."

"Alright," he puts his hands in his pockets. "So, you want me to tell her you guys are no longer friends?"

"Yeah. Wait, no. I'll do it myself. Thank you, Zayn." Harry shoots me a look but I ignore it. I march right over to their table and sit down.

"Hey, Charlotte," I say sweetly, drawing out the 'hey'.

"Abby?"

"Yeah, it's me. I just wanted to tell you that we're no longer friends. Have fun with Niall," I get up to leave but she grabs my arm tightly.

"Oh yeah? Who are you going to hang out with? You have nobody and I have Niall, Zayn... Pretty much everyone," she sneers.

"As a matter of fact, Charlotte, I have two great friends right now. I don't care how many friends I have, I just want good ones. Bye," I jerk my arm away from her hand and walk back to Harry and Liam. I put my face in my hands and Harry rubs my back slowly.

"Sorry guys," I sigh.

"It's alright. Girl drama," Liam shrugs.

"Yeah." I finish my pizza and get up to throw it away, but Harry stops me.

"I can do it," he takes my trash from me and walks to the garbage can.

"You actually like Harry right? You're not just using him to get back at Niall?" Liam asks as soon as Harry is out of earshot.

"You really think I would do that?" I look at him. He shrugs.

"It's just... I don't know. He's my best friend. I don't want to see him getting hurt."

"Well, I would never do that. What kind of crazy person do you think I am?" I flip my hair over my shoulder. "Are you going to prom with anyone special?" I ask him.

"Yeah, her names Sophia. We've been hanging out for a while now, and I finally asked her out," he grins. It's so cute how one person can be so happy just talking about someone they like.

"Oh! I think I know her. She works at Scoops, the ice cream place, right?" I ask him.

"Yeah. She goes to McKinley High School."

"Who?" Harry comes back and sits next to me.

"Sophia. Liam's date for prom," I say.

"Right. Do you guys want to come with Abby and more to the Thai place? I think it's called... Thailand?" He looks at me.

"Yeah, that's what it's called. Such a creative name," I giggle.

"I know right. So do you?" Harry asks Liam again.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. I'll check with Sophia," Liam takes out his phone and dials her number, putting his phone up to his ear.

"I should probably get your number," Harry says sheepishly.

"Okay," I take his phone and type in my number, while he types his into my phone. We hand back our phones and look at the contact names we put.

"Abby Kadabby?" Harry asks me, raising his eyebrow.

"That's what my dad used to call me. It kinda stuck, and all my- well, my old friends used to call me that," I shrug.

"It's cute," he grins. I blush and look at my phone.

"You just put Harry in the contact names," I laugh.

"I wanted you to call me whatever you want," he says.

"Aww. Okay. Um, I'll call you... Curly?" I look at him. He shrugs. "Curly it is."

"Guys, Sophia says she can come with us. So what time again?" Liam asks.

"Um... 6:30? Because prom starts at 8," Harry looks at me for an answer.

"6:30 is great," I smile.

"Okay, I'll pick you all up then? And Abby, do you mind not riding a limo?"

I blink. "Of course not. Limo's are overrated anyways," I say, shrugging.

Well, there goes my dream of riding to prom in a limo. At least I'm going with Harry, because I wouldn't stay with any other guy who didn't let me ride in a limo.

I hear the bell ring and slowly get out of my seat.

"See you at 6:30, Abby," Harry says, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

"See you, Harry," I then say, kissing him on his lips. They fit mine perfectly. I could stand here all day kissing him, but I can't be late for gym again or Coach will kill me.

"Bye Harry," I say quietly, and walk to my locker.