Chapter Eleven

Abby. Abby.

Someone is whispering my name. I open my eyes just a crack. Someone with brown hair is leaning over me.

Harry?

"Abigail. Get up, you're going to be late for school," my mom says and my eyes shoot open.

Seriously. Again? I thought that by staying home last night I would save Harry.

I groan and get out of bed.

I throw on a skirt and a tank top, tuck it in, and grab a cardigan. I fix my makeup and run out the door where Charlotte is waiting for me.

"Ayy Abs," she laughs and hands me my donut.

"Ayy Charles," I say glumly.

She looks at me sideways and sips her coffee.

"You excited for prom?" She asks me, for the third time.

"Totally. It's gonna be great," I say sarcastically.

"What's up with you? I thought you were excited for prom? Just yesterday you were telling me how you were gonna do your hair," she frowns.

Yesterday. Thursday. It seems so long ago.

"Did Niall break up with you or something?"

Not yet.

"No, I'm on my period," I tell her, because that's my excuse for everything.

"Oh," she says.

We pull into school and walk in. Everyone says hi to us. And I don't even care.

I go to art class. Harry walks in late. Alive, but late. He tells me he likes my painting, and ask to see his.

It looks just as wonderful as the past two days.

"Can you meet me by the vending machines at lunch?" He asks for the third time. I smile.

"Sure," I tell him. He smiles back.

The bell rings and I go to my locker. Niall covers my eyes again, but I just walk away. I don't want to see him right now.

I see Charlotte walk up behind me and whisper something to Niall. Probably about my 'period' mood. He nods.

We go to biology, she shows me the text from Zayn. Everything like yesterday.

Finally, the bell rings and I go to meet Harry by the vending machines.