12

MALLORY STEVENSON

I fought back tears and forced a smile. "We need to talk." I said. His face fell. "What? Why?" he asked. "I have to end things with you Moony." I said. I kept the smile on my face. Do this for him. "What did I do?" he asked. Tears now filled his eyes. I shook my head. "Nothing, you didn't do anything wrong." I said. "Then why Mal? I love you." he said. I took his hands. "No, you don't." I said. "What? Yes, I do." he said. I rubbed his bruised knuckles with my thumbs. "No and it's ok. I'm not mad because I understand." I said. "What are you talking about?" he said. Smile. I forced the smile as a tear fell down my cheek. "Sirius." I said. His face dropped. "You love Sirius." I said. "What- I- no- I" he started. "Moony, I know you. I know you love him. You look at him the way you used to look at me. You feel that jolt of electricity when you touch. You two steal glances at each other because looking away for even just a second feels like too much. That's how I know." I said. He shook his head. "I'm sorry." he whispered. I nodded. "I do love you Mal, just not the way you want." he said. "I know. I love you too." I said. He smiled. "It's ok. You wanna know why?" I said. He looked at me. "Because I love you and I want you to be happy... even if it's not with me." I said. "I didn't mean for this to happen." he said sadly. "I didn't mean to fall in love with you either. But that's just how the stars aligned." I said. He nodded. "What about you?" he asked. "I'll be ok. Now go talk to him." I said. "What if he doesn't love me?" he asked. "He does. I know it." I said. "How do you know?" he asked. I shrugged. He let go of my hands and rushed off to find Sirius. Tears fell from my cheeks. "I know because I loved you too." I said. Goodbye Remus.