Acknowledgements

The day has come guys! It took me almost 5 years to finish writing this book

The day has come guys! It took me almost 5 years to finish writing this book. It was challenging for a 12 year old to start writing what she thought was good poems. Evident from the short chapters as well as the incorrect usage of punctuations, it was obvious that I was not a very good writer, yet - or maybe ever. However, I could see how much I have grown, in age obviously, as well as my writing style if that could be applied.

I have read hundreds of books, I started using Wattpad since I was 11 years old for fuck's sake! It opened my eyes to a whole new world and imagination. I tried to be poetic and that clearly failed since I was not doing my research enough or just copying quotes from Google, which was a lazy way for the book I have chosen to written by the way.

I remember feeling unmotivated to update this book. If I remembered correctly, I only updated two chapters in 2020 and only a handful in 2019, and most of the chapters were written and updated in the first two years this book was up on my page, especially the first few months. To be very honest, I actually have forgotten that I had this book and it wasn't completed yet. It was also a very confusing and stressful transition period for me, with new friends and school as well as the workload. But what I haven't forgotten is that I knew that whenever I was feeling low, no matter who or what it was related to, I could rant in this book (as you can see from the chapters labelled 'rant'). I love the fact that I'm anonymous in this app and in this book I wrote, albeit some knew me, but the people involved in my life was unaware. I could rant as much as I want without being afraid of people knowing who it is.

It is such a great platform for me to explore what type of writing style I have come to love and what type of topics I have tried to explore and wrote about. It's truly fantastic. It took me quite a while, to actually be engrossed in what I wrote and to actually try to incorporate my feelings and opinions regarding certain topics in this book but I'm glad I'm slowly becoming better at it.

I know this book is not the best but it showed my progress throughout this 5 years and I'm really proud of that. There's no guarantee I would ever try writing again (Fun fact: I wrote three books in total with one chapter of the fourth one in 2016 to 2018, but I took it all down except two). It was fun for a 12 year old to try writing for the first time and getting the views, but after some time she realised that it wasn't her passion and it was starting to get tiring. Therefore, this might be the last book I would write. Unless something comes up that arouse my passion again LOL!

And of course, last but not least, thank YOU for reading/attempting to read this book. It wasn't awesome but it slowly got better right? I hope so. It was a very long journey and I took a long time to get here, with 100 chapters (I was so eager to finish this book LMAO), but as cringey as it sounds, I couldn't have made it here without y'all and my need to express my pent up frustration!

I really really hoped you have enjoyed reading this book or related to them at some point of your life. With these words, I part you:

Happiness is healthiness. Remember to stay happy and stay strong. Believe in yourself and you'll do great. Love yourself and you'll be the best version of yourself.

With love,
Chantel