2.1

Over 2000 years ago.

29.
30.
31.

31 broken bones, that's the damage they managed to do. Quite the record if you consider the previous attempts, which were pathetic to say the least. The pain would have been almost unbearable for a regular human, especially a child, but she's different. She was always different.

"The demon child isn't making any progress. It's been 10 years surely she's not the one." A male voice was loud even from her cage.  The demon child, that's what they always called her. She didn't even know if she ever had an actual name.

"She's the one, she's the abomination the prophecy foretold." The prophecy, she had lost count of the amount of times she'd heard about that stupid prophecy.  She was not the one foretold to bring the ending of the world, however if her lifestyle continued any longer she might just make it be so.

She rubbed the scar on her hand, stabilising her thoughts. The scar was mostly healed, it was from several years ago now. There was a light bump when you ran a finger over it. The red line ran about 2 inches across her palm. The girl that remembered internally screaming at the burn of the cut, but on the outside she didn't let her pain show. She never did let them see her cry.

The stone walls of her cage didn't do much to keep the cold out, but to her it felt like a sharp awaking. She never got ill, let alone feel cold. The hay bed she used to sleep on was worn out, not providing as much comfort as it did when she was smaller. The 12 year old was used to her living conditions, it been 10 years after all.

When the gate to her cage rattled she scurried to the furthest corner of her cage, far away from the gate. She didn't know what to expect, they possibly tried all they could to kill her of cause severe damage, at this point all was left was to sever her head from her shoulders.

When the cape of the town's warlock appeared before the man himself stepped through, she knew what was going to happen. It was time for her poison.

"In all the time you have been here, you have barely shown us glimpses of your power." Were the first world to come out of his mouth. The warlock was the one that apparently saw the prophecy along with the priest, he was the all knowing and in charge of the girl's torture.

He walked towards her slowly, "We'd advise against that, my lord." One of the guards spoke stopping the man halfway across the path towards the girl. He turned just slightly, still keeping one eye on the prisoner.

"And why is that?" His voice was rough and harsh, age was catching up to the older man. Though he haven't reached his prime age yet.

"It has been showing rather anxious behaviour today. Quite unpredictable."

The man returned his full attention to the prisoner. It, she's been downgraded to an object. After crossing the rest of the way to her, she didn't move from her spot in the corner of the four wall space. Curled into a ball on the floor, she didn't even flinch when he ran a hand through her dirty blonde hair, her piercing eyes staring ahead at nothing.

"You would have been a beaut, if you weren't the creation of the devil." He admired her features, that started to show as she reached a youthful age, close to womanhood.

Creation of the devil, if only at the time she knew what that meant.

The warlock hand moved from her hair to her jaw, as he brought his finger to her mouth. He lightly tugged her bottom lip under his thumb. "Open up."