One

Y/n pov:
It's been a two weeks since I've been out of rehab, and I still haven't done what I promised I would do when I got out. I promised myself that I would see my daughter Naomi but It isn't that easy.

See her father Kobe didn't want me to see her anymore when he found out I was doing heavy drugs such as crack and heroin. I came home one day as high as I could be and when he seen me, he kicked me out and I was left to stay with my drug dealer.

After awhile of getting high everyday to numb the pain of heart broke, I decided to get some help before I ended up dying from overdose. I was set up to get clean by a year which I agreed with.

Since nobody knew I was getting clean I contacted a few close friends and my parents. They all came to visit me on certain days and sometimes I wished that Kobe was one of them. I asked about him and my daughter all the time I would get the same answer, "they are doing fine".

After I got out my friend Tiffany picked me up. I asked her to take me to Kobe's but before she agreed she told me that he was engaged to a girl named Monroe. When I heard that I more heartbroken than before.

I thought about my daughter calling her mama and that she doesn't remember me anymore. I thought about how happy they must be without me in their lives and I don't want to ruin that.

So I changed my mind on seeing my daughter and she took me to her place were I'll be staying until I'm back on my feet.

I was sitting in the living room couch, with my legs tucked underneath me. I was thinking about how Naomi was turning five tomorrow and I wouldn't be able to see her.

The sliding of shoes on the floor distracted me from my thoughts and Tiffany came around the couch  to sit next to me.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I'm fine," I lied.

"Y/n don't lie to me..you've been in here for an hour with tv off and zoned out."

I sighed while resting my head on the top of the huge pillow that was beside me.

"Naomi birthday is tomorrow and I want to see her but... I don't think Kobe will let me see her."

"Where is that confidence you had before you got out of rebab? Because you told me with your chest that you wanted to see your daughter and nothing was getting in the way of that."

"I know but I'm just scared...what if she doesn't remember me? What if she calls Monroe mom now and-."

"Stop it right there y/n because one Naomi didn't forget you and two she doesn't call Monroe mom..she calls her Monroe," she said.

"I know that Naomi misses you and asks about you but Monroe will never replace you and as for Kobe...he can't keep you away from her forever."

I wiped the tears that were rolling down my face and took in what Tiffany had said.

"Look...Kobe called me not to long ago and invited me to the party he's throwing for her tomorrow and I want you to come with. I also want you to at least talk to him before popping up there."

I nodded and sat up to calm myself down. Tiffany handed me her phone so I assumed she wanted me to call him. She rubbed my shoulders while standing up then walked back into her room.

I stared at Kobe's name for a few second, hesitate before tapping on it. When I did I raised the phone up to my ear and hear it ring.

"Hey Tiffany what's up?"

When I heard his voice my heart dropped and chills went throughout my body.

"Tiffany are you there?" He asked.

"Um...this isn't Tiffany."

It was silent for a moment then I heard him clear his throat.

"Y-y/n? Is that you?"

"Yes it's me," I said while nodding like he could see me.

"Why are you calling me?"

"Because I wanted to talk you...I want to see my daughter for her birthday tomorrow."

"You..want to see Naomi? How do I know your not high or something."

"Kobe I'm not high..I've been clean for a year now and thought you would know that."

"Anything could've happened after you got out of that center."

Hearing that he still think I still do drugs hurt me but I don't blame him. He doesn't want Naomi to see me like that and I would do the same if was the one that did drug.

"I promise you that done with drugs..I want a better life and want to see my daughter...I haven't seen her since you kicked me out and I miss her so much."

Kobe sighed and I began biting my nails to calm my nerves. I really hope he lets me see her because if not, I don't know what I'll do.

"Okay I'll let you see her...you can come to the birthday party I'm throwing her tomorrow at three if your not busy."

"No I'll be there tomorrow and thank you so much."

"Your welcome."

"Daddy daddy look what I drew!"

"Naomi," I whispered.

"Um I guess I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

Kobe hung up the phone and I stared at screen, replaying Naomi's words in my head. I tear rolled down my face and I wiped it away before it dropped on my shirt.

"How did the phone call go?" Tiffany asked while approaching me.

"Good...it get to see her tomorrow."

"That's great now get dress we should go buy her some gift."

Vote and comment