Thirteen

Y/n pov:
Every minute I would look at the rear view mirror to see if Monroe was behind but she wasn't. I was going 60 with the speed limit of 45 and luckily no cars were in sight.

Without knowing I sped passed a police officer that pulled into the rode behind me.

"Fuck!" I yelled.

I pulled over to the side of the road, staring the police from the rear view mirror. He took his time getting out of his car and I was starting to get impatient.

When he made it to my car I rolled my down my window and gave him a soft smile.

"Hello officer."

He nodded his head then took a look in my car.

"You know how fast you were going?"

"Yes..I was going 60."

"Why were you going 60?"

I needed to come up with a lie in order to speed this process. Before I could say what I wanted to say, I noticed Monroe had driven past us.

"Shit," I whispered.

"What was that?"

"Sorry um I remembered I had lasagna in the stove and I'm pretty sure it's burnt right now."

"Well I'm sorry to here that..I'm sure that would've been some good lasagna."

"Yeah it would have."

The officer asked for my license and I pulled it out of my purse to show him. After that he let me off with a warning and I was back on the road to Kobe's.

Monroe pov:
"Yes!" I yelled knowing that y/n was the one the got pulled over.

When I took a right and was out of sight from the police. I sped down the road trying to at least be a couple of minutes ahead of her. Why did I fall for Jason words? Why didn't I just went with my gut on me getting set up?

Instead I just wanted my thoughts to be right but they wasn't. Jason doesn't want to be in our child's life, he just wants be a druggy all his life. Yes was it wrong to cheat on Kobe, but I don't feel bad about it.

He still has feelings for y/n and I just need more time to show him she's not worth it. He's better off with me and they both know it.

I pulled up in the driveway too fast, so I had to slam on the breaks. I didn't care to put on a seatbelt or turn my car off. I got out of the car and rushed towards the house, quickly making my way up the porch stairs.

When I opened the door there was no sight of Kobe or Naomi.

"Kobe...Naomi!" I yelled.

I held onto the edge of the counter to catch my breath and I heard Kobe rushing in the room.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing nothing I just need to catch my breath but we need to go."

"Go where."

"I don't know but we just need to go now..Naomi!"

"She's sleep...Monroe what's going on?"

"It's y/n...She threatened to kill me when I was about to leave the store parking lot and she was following behind me."

"She threatened to kill you?"

"Yes Kobe can you not hear!"

He looked at me weird then I heard a car pulling up in the driveway.

"Call the police she's here!" I said while closing and locking the door.

"Kobe!" I heard y/n yell.

"Kobe whatever she's saying is a lie!"

"Kobe don't listen to her...I'm telling the truth so please call the police," I begged him.

"Kobe! Monroe put that coke in my bag and I have proof on my phone...she's been lying to all this time!"

Kobe looked at me with a confused look and I needed to come up with something fast.

"Go away y/n! I know your trying to trick Kobe into opening this door and I'm calling the police!"

"If you don't wanna believe me..ask Monroe to get a DNA test for the child she's carrying."

"What is she talking about," Kobe said while stepping back.

"That baby isn't mine is it?"

"Yes Kobe this baby is yours...I'm telling you she's just trying to get you to open that door and you can't let her trick you."

Kobe looked from me to the door and I knew he gave up on believing me. He pushed past me to the door and I needed to act fast. I caught eye on the vase that was on the counter so I grabbed it, swinging it hard to Kobe's head and knocking him out.

I watched him collapse on the floor and the side head of his head was bleeding.

"Sorry Kobe but y/n won't have you again."

"Kobe!" Y/n yelled while banging at the door.

I rushed to the back towards the bedroom to grab what I need to grab. What I needed was my gun that I kept in my bag that was in the closet.

Y/n pov:
I heard no reply but I quickly remembered that Kobe kept a spare key under the mat. I pulled the mat up, grabbing the key and quickly unlocking the door. When I pushed the door opened it was kinda hard until I saw Kobe laying on the floor.

I caught eye of blood coming out the side of his head which made me gasp.

"Kobe," I said while dropping to my knees.

He was unconscious so I went to check his pulse and I was relieved he was still breathing.

"I need to call the police on her ass."

I pulled my phone from out of pocket and went to the app to call 911. I put the phone up to my ear and immediately the call picked up.

"911 what is your emergency."

"Yes I need the police and paramedics at 7263 ave."

"And what's the reasoning."

"My baby daddy was knocked out by his fiancé."

"Alright the police and Paramedics should be on their way."

I hung up the phone and I put my attention on Kobe.

"Get away from him."

I turned around to see Monroe pointing a gun at me. My heart dropped and I slowly stood up while putting my hands out.

"Monroe..please don't do this."

"Why? Why shouldn't I."

"Because it's not worth it...do you want to spend the rest of your life in prison and your child getting taken away."

"I don't care! If only you would've stayed away none of this would've happened!"

"What's going on?"

Monroe jumped and pointed the gun at Naomi which made me scream.

"No!"

Monroe didn't pull the trigger but she did kept the gun pointed at her.

"You both got in the way."

"Monroe please...point the gun at me and not her," I cried.

She pointed the gun back at me and I was relieved.

"Sorry Naomi but this will be the last time you'll see your mother."

"No!" She said.

"It's okay baby girl just go back into your room."

I heard sirens from outside but that didn't stop Monroe. She pulled the trigger and I moved but the bullet still hit me on side. I collapsed on the floor next to Kobe and I heard Naomi scream.

"Mommy!"

When I looked down at my side, the sight of blood made me dizzy and everything went black.