Six

Kobe pov:
Its been a month since I took the girls to six flags and every since then, things between y/n and I have been distance. We'd agreed to let Naomi stay with her on the days she's off and of course Naomi was excited.

When y/n picks her up, we'll only say hey and bye which I don't like. Now I regret telling her that Monroe is pregnant but she would've found out either way.

I was sitting at my desk swiping through the pictures I took of y/n when we were together. When I swiped again it was a video of y/n getting Naomi placed on her chest right after birth. I smiled to myself seeing y/n crying while holding our daughter in her arms.

The door opened and I quickly sat my phone face down on my desk. Monroe was approaching me with files in her hand while frowning.

"What were you doing?" She asked as she stopped in front on my desk.

"Nothing...but what are you doing here? You know your on a break until you have the baby."

"I'm pregnant but I'm eligible to continue working..now are you gonna tell me what you were doing on your phone or do I have to take it?"

"Look I wasn't doing anything but looking at some pictures in my phone...now are you gonna hand me those files or are we gonna talk about how nosey you are?"

"Probably was looking at pictures of y/n."

She dropped the files on the desk while giving me eye contact. I frowned while sitting back in my chair.

"If it was..why would you care."

"I care because we are together..you shouldn't be having pictures of her in your phone still Kobe..we are getting married so and somethings need to change."

"Things like what exactly."

"Whatever you and y/n have going on needs to end."

"We have nothing going on..she's the mother of my child and nothing more."

"Oh so taking the mother of your child with you to six flags when it should've been me..means y'all have nothing going on."

"Monroe I don't have time for this again....your going to be seeing y/n around a lot and you just have to accept that."

"We'll see...but before I leave your buddy Derek needs to speak with you about whatever business y'all have going on."

"Mmhm."

Monroe turned around and walked out of my office. I took a deep breath before picking up my phone again to call Derek. I wonder what she meant about we'll see.

•••••••••••

Monroe pov:
I always hated being on this side of town but I can't forget that I lived around here before I met Kobe. Around here is where you'll see all the drug dealers, maybe a couple of prostitutes down an alley way or homeless people.

I pulled up to Jason's house, hoping he'll be here since most of his friends or dealers were hanging around outside. I got out of the car and all eyes were on me which made me feel uncomfortable.

"Miss Monroe...never thought I'll see you around here again."

Jason best friend Travis stood on the porch with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Well you see me..now where's Jason..I want to talk to him."

"I heard about your so called carrying his baby...I don't think Jason would want to see you."

"It's not about what he wants Travis...it's about what he needs."

"And what is that exactly."

I dug in my pocket and pulled out the money I had folded together. I showed Travis what I had and he laughed while dropping his hands to his side.

"Your kidding right? Your pregnant you don't need to be having these drugs in your system."

"Who says it was for me?"

Travis frowned then stepped back slowly, turning around and walked inside the house. I waited patiently, really hoping that I'll see Jason and get what I need.

Travis came back outside and motioned me to come inside. I followed Travis into the back room where Jason was sitting on a couch smoking a blunt. He was putting rubber bands on the money he had laying on the coffee table in front of him.

"What do you want Monroe?" He asked while looking up at me.

"I want a bag of coke."

I stepped up and dropped the money on the table. He looked at it then looked back at me.

"Who is for cuz I know it ain't for you."

He picked up the money and looked at it, widening his eyes.

"None of your business..just gimme the bag and I'll be on my way."

"It is my business...you could be giving that to the feds for all I know."

"Well I'm not now are you gonna gimme the bag or not."

"Watch who your catching an attitude with."

He nodded his head and Travis walked out of the room, leaving us two alone.

"You better not be the one taking it"

"And why do you care if I take it or not?"

"Because..I don't want you to make a dumbass decision to put your baby at risk."

"Oh so the man that doesn't want anything to do with HIS child doesn't want me to make a dumb decision."

"Aye do what you want I don't care just know I meant what I said on the phone."

"I'm sure."

Travis came back into the room and handed me the small bag of coke.

"That's was our last."

"Damn..our shipment isn't until a few more months...if you get caught with that bag or you give it to the feds-."

"I'm not."

I turned around and walked out the room, headed towards the front door. Before I opened the door, my phone vibrated in my pocket so I pulled it out. Kobe texted and said [Ima be at work all night so be there when y/n drops off Naomi]

I smiled to myself and replied back by saying okay. This is the time get to know y/n more.