Cooked

Despite the slightly awkward moment that had passed between Jungkook and Hyemi the previous day, in the car, after he'd pulled up outside her building, he still found her studying diligently at the kitchen table the following lunchtime

Despite the slightly awkward moment that had passed between Jungkook and Hyemi the previous day, in the car, after he'd pulled up outside her building, he still found her studying diligently at the kitchen table the following lunchtime. She'd been too engrossed in her studies to notice him in the kitchen. Then he was placing a plate of food in front of her, finally pulling her eyes from the textbook page.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't see you..." She finally greeted him, unusually sheepish. This was a girl who flitted around the Bighit building with the confidence of someone who legally owned it.

"'S fine, eat that," he carried on back to the fridge whilst gesturing to the plate before her.

"What is it?" she queried warily, last time she'd accepted food from JK it had been months past its due date and left her cowering over the toilet bowl for hours afterwards whilst she emptied her guts.

"Namjoon-hyung left it for you," she frowned slightly, having seen Joonie that morning and he hadn't mentioned leaving food for her. Although it wasn't out of the ordinary for the leader to be forgetful. He was somehow the most organised and yet empty-headed person Mimie had ever met. He'd likely forget his head if it weren't attached to his body.

Tossing the post-it with his name on it, JK began to comb his eyes through the contents of their fridge for a replacement lunch. The half an hour that passed between them whilst she studied and picked at her food and he cooked was the longest they'd ever gone without bickering. Even the hours they'd spent together last night had been punctuated with little spats or petty remarks. Although last night they'd needed to exchange words every now and then, whereas they were currently dwelling in blissful silence.

Finally, JK sat down in front of her with a very sorry looking bowl of ramen, slurping away at the steaming dish.

"Yah, do you have to eat so loudly?" She complained, almost instantly losing concentration due to Jungkook's sound effects.

"I eat well, not like a scared squirrel taking tiny bites as if the food will run away." he retorted without a second thought and for a split second, a laugh rose in the back of Mimie's throat, only to be swallowed back down like unwelcome bile. "You've barely touched yours," he huffed after receiving no apparent response and pushed the bowl towards her whilst simultaneously pushing the textbook aside.

"Stop it," she grumbled back, shifting her whole chair to follow the book along the length of the table.

"You need to eat," he stated matter-of-factly, holding his determined expression even when she challenged him with narrowed eyes. "It's going to get cold," Rolling her eyes she surrendered, shovelling a couple of mouthfuls in at once, unattractively stuffing her face pointedly as if to question: happy? And Jungkook was, after that he finished his own lunch and left her to her studies. He had work to get on with anyway.