Chapter 19: HUNT BEGINS

In CPD there were all sorts of reports following the recent murder case. The situation was now getting darker and scarier as if someone was going down a deep abandoned tunnel, there seemed to be no way out, no ladder to escape, no sunshine. Just darkness, utter darkness.

Andrews was on his desk when suddenly Grant arrived in the precinct rather late. He would always be looking really tired and frustrated with himself these few days. He would be working days and nights over loads of paper work that Andrews had assigned him to do, he would look as he hasn't had days of sleep.
He paid no heed to anyone in the station and just threw his bad to the side and sat at his desk and started rummaging some files.

Andrews was just casually sitting in his desk waiting for Grant to speak, when he didn't he looked at him and then spoke.
"Did you bring the files from the other station?" He asked him bluntly.
"Um.. what?" Grant replied in not knowing what he just said.
"The files of the new murder case which I told you to bring when you've finished working on them. Did you bring them?" He asked again.
Grant didn't say anything and started to look at his bad he threw at the side, he opened it and fumbled through the it to find the files, everyone was now looking at him sending awkward glances. After he had stopped fumbling and trying to find the files he knew he had forgotten to bring them in this precinct.
"Well, did you bring them?" Andrews asked him again now looking really annoyed at him.
"Yeah..sorry I forgot." Grant replied not looking at him.
"What do you mean you forgot? I told you i needed them today!" Andrews retorted back at him.
"Yeah! I heard that Brad!" Grant answered now getting quite angry at the sudden attitude of his colleague.
"Why don't you just do your job properly?" Andrews asked in a egoistic tone clicking his pen on the table.
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" Grant finally looked at him as he didn't know why Andrews was acting like this. All confused.
"I mean! I specifically told you to bring the files which you had worked on, why didn't you?" Andrews had now risen from his desk.
"Are you deaf Brad? I told you I forgot!"
"You need to show some respect when you talk to me Grant!" He growled at him taking few steps towards him.
"What the hell is your problem?" Grant shouted at him also now rising from his seat.
"Shut your damn mouth! I asked you to being the fil-". "If you say those words again Andrews i'm gonna punch you in the face!" Grant said slamming his hands on the desk as they were now just few steps away from eachother and both looked like they were going to rip eachother's heads off.
There was a second silence and Andrews decided to speak in a low tone which only Grant was able to hear. "You wouldn't want to do that because you have no idea what i'm capable of." He told him his voice barely audible to others. His voice was filled with menace and hatred that it mortified Grant.
Grant didn't reply he just stood there when Andrews then decided to turn away from him and started walking towards his desk he said to him. "You will bring me the files today whether you like it or not."
"But I'm working-". "That's an order Grant, or have you forgotten who is in charge here?" Andrews stepped back glaring at him, every police officer in the room were staring at them confused at what had happened.

Grant didn't say anything in return, he was boiling from anger and rage but because of how overtired and weary he looked he decided to just get those freaking files even of he hated it.

He had always given Andrews the files in the required time even after having no sleep at all. But he didn't know that not delivering the work one day would lead to such catastrophe. The whole town was going through hell, mostly the CPD. Sergeants, detectives and police officers all busting their butts to search for a suspect, ruining their nights of peaceful sleep to hunt for the man. Even if the town called them incompetent or whatever the CPD was doing their jobs with their utmost heart and hard work.

As Andrews said the words and Grant had no option to drive to his rotten house and get the files. He simply without saying another word got his bag and was ready to leave when a sudden voice shook him.
"Where do you think you are going Detective Grant?" Christian Holloway was standing infront of the two men looking really stern from the posture.
"Um- sir, Andrews had told me to bring the files from the newest murder case and I.. forgot." Grant replied in a low tone.
"So you're going to your house to fetch them?"
"Yes..yes Sir."
"Okay you may go to your house, I will get someone sent to your house to get the files delivered here." DC Holloway replied.
"I don't understand Sir." Grant asked really puzzled from what he had said.
"I mean you may go to your house to rest. I'm giving you some days off. You will go but you may not return for work." DC Holloway said to him. Grant didn't know how to react to the situation, he definitely looked rather happy from getting some days relief from all the hell unleashing in the town.
He looked really ill and fatigued from all the stress and desperately needed a good sleep.