And history repeats.

As he said he would Kovu hunted a zebra for him, Kiara and the cubs and had sat down with them to have breakfast as a family. Kiara ripped into the zebra's intestines and the tender parts was left for Jelani, Kamaria and Mila since they couldn't tear into the meat themselves.
"It's such a nice morning isn't it?" Kiara asked.

"Yes it is. It looks like there's gonna be a lot of breeze too," Kovu noted as he took a bite out of the zebra's hindleg, chewed and swallowed.
"Daddy can we come along with you on kingdom duties today? You said you could take us when there's a nice day," Mila said.
"I would sweetheart, but Daddy's gonna be busy today," Kovu told her. "Maybe next time."
"But there isn't anything to do in Pride Rock, just lie around and sleep," Kamaria protested.

"Weren't you kids going to play games with Tishala and Avana?" Kiara asked her cubs.
"We forgot about that. Well can we play after we're done with breakfast?" Mila asked hopefully.
"Sure. Mommy and Daddy are both gonna be busy today so you kids can have some fun with Tishala and Avana in the meantime," Kiara said.

"Kiara, Kovu, there you both are, we've been looking for you,"
Kiara and Kovu looked up and saw Nia and Tishala standing there with Hasari and her daughter Avana. With a dirty yellow fur colour, grey eyes and a tuft of fur over her eye, Avana was a naughty little thing with a daredevil mentality inherited from her mother and had the conspicuous characteristics of an outlander.

She and Jelani were equally mischievous and daring and when they were playing together, a trail of chaos could often be discovered. Jelani, Kamaria, Mila, Tishala and Avana loved to play together and were great friends since they were born. Although they weren't related, Kiara and Kovu had always treated Avana like their own daughter as did Vitani and Kion.

"Enough eating. Yesterday Jelani beat me in Mud Wrestling and now I want a rematch!" Avana declared.
"Yeah she wants a rematch. And this time let's team up, me and Avana Vs Jelani and Tishala!" Kamaria said in a challenging tone. "Mila can be the judge. "
"No I don't want to be the judge. I want to spend some quality time with my beautiful flowers," Mila said shaking her head.

"Don't be such a wimpy puss. You never play Mud Wrestling with us," Jelani said as he got up off the ground and tugged on Mila's ear with his teeth.
"I don't like getting dirty and you know it. Play with the rest of them," Mila whined.
"C'mon it's just mud. Where did your sense of adventure scurry off to Mila?" Avana asked.
"Be like Jelani, Kamaria, Avana and me. Get your paws dirty!" Tishala exclaimed.

"I don't want to get my paws dirty! Stop tugging on my ears Jelani!" Mila yelled in annoyance.
"Why don't you kids go and play and leave Mila here. She doesn't really appreciate getting dirty all that much. Tifu is taking Asali, Ally and Tesha to watch some flowers in Chakoola Plains, Mila will go with there with them while I see to some problems," Kiara said as she finished off her breakfast and rose off the grass.

Todd, Ally, Tesha, Vaan and Asali, were teenagers now and were a lot more mature now than when they were as cubs. Todd and Vaan were training to become warriors and Ally, Tesha and Asali were training to join the hunting party. Today however, they had taken a day off and were just relaxing under the sun.

"Okay fine, go watch flowers, that's the least dangerous thing to do around here, the only thing you can suffer from is boredom," Jelani said rolling his eyes.
"Let's go guys, last one to the mudholes is a panicky zebra!" Avana yelled as she ran ahead, followed by Jelani and Tishala. Kamaria however lagged behind and watched her sister as she pushed a pebble away with her paw. Her ears hanging low.

"Are you sure you don't want to come play with us? You can if you want too," Kamaria said.
"I love to play with you and Jelani I really do, but I don't want to get dirty," Mila said softly.
"Sit on the side and watch us. In a spot where you won't get hit with mud," Kamaria offered.
"But Jelani will tease me," Mila said sadly. "He'll say I don't want to get dirty and I'm a prissy princess."