Chapter 13

Please appreciate this frame of Ji-Woon's face I got of his mori from a gif and the meme I made-

~Emma~

Élodie, Jeff, Cheryl, and Steve were currently in a trial. Nancy, Kate, Jane, and Dwight were in another as well. I sat at the lake, flashlight by my side. I kept wondering if I should go and explore the cave. I get up and take my utility flashlight, walking over to the cave, before walking in a voice cuts me off.
"Emma? What are you doing?" Quentin asks, walking out of the tree line in confusion.
"O-Oh! Q-Quentin! Umm. I was just going to check out this cave! I saw it before I when into a trial and wanted to explore it, " I explained.
"Oh! Let me come with you, "Quentin offered and walked up next to me looking into the cave entrance.
"Sure, I don't mind the company!" I smiled, turning the flashlight on.
I take his hand in mine so we don't lose each other since I'm the only one with a flashlight.
I walk in and look around.
Quentin looks around as well.
"I wonder how many crystals are in here," Quentin states in wonder.
"Yeah. I wonder," I responded.
The cave continued for some time before a light blueish orange glow came from the end.
"Ok this is odd," Quentin whispered, "We have never seen anything like this before."
I nodded in acknowledgment and continued until I exited the cave and into the strange glow. I looked around and saw a giant library. What? A library? What was this?  Quentin's eyes opened up wide in shock at the scene.
"What is this? Some kind of library?" Quentin asked, looking at the single armchair in the middle.
I walked up to a shelf to see various names on different books, some of the books with the same name.
Meg Thomas, Claudette Morel, Dwight Fairfield, Emma Fisher.
Wait- Emma Fisher? That's me. I take the book off the shelf, my name scribbled in an emerald color on the spine and front.
"No. I think it's some kind of archive. Some of these books have our names on them. Look and see. Here's one for me." I respond, opening the leather book.

Emma Fisher: College Investigator
Emma looks at the board from the back of her college class. She looks disheveled and tired. Thankfully, summer break was just around the corner. She opened her laptop and looked into her research papers. She had been looking into disappearances across the country, sometimes they were outside them. She was currently looking into Jeff Johansen. She still came across nothing. She leaned back and shrunk in her seat. She was getting tired of running into dead ends. Perhaps it was time to head to the library and talk to Jacklyn about some things.

I looked on in shock. This happened a few months before I arrived here.
"Is that true, Emma," Quentin asked.
"This happened a few months before I got here. Why would this be here," I asked, mainly myself but answering Quentin at the same time.
"Let's just put it back where we found it and act like we never arrived or found this place," Quentin suggested, taking the book from my small hands, and putting it back on the shelf next to a book with Ji-Woon Hak next to it.
I nodded and started walking to the exit. I want to see what else is here and who owns these books. I turn the flashlight back on, taking Quentin's hand once again, and began on our journey back. I mainly have the flashlight pointing at the floor and I don't notice where I'm going until I bump into something. I grunt in pain and let go of Quentin's hand to catch myself before I fall. What I grab is soft. Soft? Quentin is behind me though. He should be the only soft thing in this cave. I look up and still see them, even in all of the darkness of the cave. A pair of bright, vibrant yellow eyes. I scream at the top of my lungs in absolute fear, knocking back into Quentin, making Quentin yell out in shock. Quentin grabs me, and cushions my body against his so I don't get hurt. Then I hear laughter. It almost sounds psychotic, kind of like Ji-Woon's. I point the flashlight's beam at the person I ran into. As expected it was Ji-Woon.
"Oh! That was rich! I would do anything to make you see the look on your face, Little Rabbit!" Ji-Woon laughed.
I looked up and growled, getting up and helping Quentin to his feet.
"That wasn't funny, Ji-Woon," I scowled, "Someone could have gotten hurt!"
"Oh don't worry, Rabbit! If that pathetic piece of filth behind you didn't protect your fall . . . Well, let's just say he would be a new piece for my music," Ji-Woon smiled and giggled insanely.
Quentin gulped at the threat.
"No need, Ji-Woon. How did you even know we were here," I asked.
"Oh! I was simply looking for someone named 'Kate Denson.' Then I saw you and this peasant walk into this cave! I got curious and followed," Ji-Woon explained.
"How could you see? You don't have a flashlight," Quentin asked.
"Oh. We killers have this kind of night vision granted by the entity when we are outside of trials. Some of us like that cowboy or Ghostface like to walk around the woods. Some parts of the woods are darker than others," Ji-Woon explained, not as excited though since the question didn't come from the small ravenhead.
"Ah. That would make sense," I responded.
Ji-Woon smiled, then went back to his neutral expression.
"What were you to doing in here anyway?"  Ji-Woon asked.
"Exploring. I saw this cave before I was taken into our trial and got interested. Quentin saw me about to enter and offered to join me. We were just leaving," I responded.
"I see. Alright. I guess I should leave too then. This place doesn't give off the right vibes and is definitely somewhere where I don't want to be seen by others. Ruins my look," Ji-Woon spoke, looking around in disgust before taking my hand and leading the two out with us night vision. I walk out after Ji-Woon and smiled, stretching as some of my bones popped. Quentin looked at me for a moment and smiled. I smile back. Ji-Woon had started humming and singing in Korean. He began to dance as well. His eyes were closed and as happy look on his face. He seemed to be in his own little world. I eventually catch onto which song he was humming. It was one of his own. 'Cut Thru U' I believe it was. I slowly start humming with him. Once the song finishes Ji-Woon looks at me and smiles.