Chapter 75

Meri duniya mein tere naam ki ahmiyat bhi bahut thi..
Tune dur jake mujhe tujhko pukare ne ka bhi haq cheen liya..

Sidharth sits at his spot, his place of recluse, the bench in front of the burnt warehouses. His heart says these words for his father. He wears a white Kurta over a dhoti. There is a vermilion mark or tikka on his forehead. He has come straight from the puja at his home. It was his father's death anniversary.

"Baba!", he whispers looking at the dark burnt buildings.
"I miss you Baba! I know you are always with me but sometimes I don't want to accept these consoling words people say. Where are you if you are with me? Why can't I see you then? Mujhe apki jarurat hai Baba. I need you."
"This place where I come to be with you will be gone too. This place will be sold off, broken down and some factory will be built here. I am losing the place too like I lost you. Baba, how will I talk to you? How will I find my answers now? How?"
Sidharth drops down on his knees, hiding his face with his palms, he cries.

"Where were you? Sana tere liye kitni pareshan thi tujhe kuch pata hai. Why do you always disappear from home like this?", Sumitra ji says as he returns home late at night.
"Tujhe kuch puch rahi hun main? Sid? Uff yeh ladka na.. Fine don't reply, at least come and eat something.", she says.

Sidharth takes a deep breath and says,"Mujhe bhook nahi hai. I want to sleep. You too go to sleep now."
Sumitra ji comes closer and puts her hand on his back,"I am your mother, don't hide your tears from me."
Sidharth turns and hugs his mother, "Maa, they are breaking down Baba's warehouses. They will tear the place where I had last seen him alive. How will I talk to him? How will I .."

Running her hand over his back, she says,"Tu hamesha wahan jata tha, kyon ki tujhe lagta hai tere Baba wahan hain. You are upset that you can no longer go there. I understand your pain. Chal mere saath.."
She holds his hand and takes him to the dining table. Making him sit on the chair, she takes the plate of food placed on the table and breaks a piece of chapati. Dipping it in the gravy she puts it in his mouth.

"For you your father was everything. But he was my life too. I miss him every day. Do you know how I live each day without him? I do it only by seeing you.", she says as he looks at her.
"Yes bacha. I find him in you. You are his reflection, not only in his looks but also in his nature. You have the same calm and composed nature. You put everyone else's needs first just like him. You are caring, loving and honest just like him."
Sumitra ji smiles sadly, "I know the importance of that place in your life. But you are forgetting that your Baba lives here.",she points at his heart.
"Just close your eyes and put your hand on your chest. You will find your Baba's voice in there."

Sidharth looks at her with tears in his eyes and nods his head,"You are right..Maa..Baba is with me. I get it now.."

"Sidhuram, when will you sleep?", Sana asks with a yawn.
She sits up on the bed slowly looking at Sidharth who is writing at his desk.
He turns back and says,"Did I wake you up? Sorry baby. I will sleep, just give me a few minutes."
Sana says,"No. I am not giving you any time. Jaldi aao bed pe. Now."

Sidharth closes his journal and puts it inside the drawer then he goes to the bed.
Sana puts her arms around his neck and her head on his chest,"Tum itna late aye, I couldn't wait for you and fell asleep. Did you eat something?"
Sidharth nods his head as she continues,"I know this day is tough for you. I won't say anything but only that.. hato mujhe jana hai."

"What?", Sidharth asks with a confused expression.
Sana in the meantime had already left the bed," Arey mujhe washroom ayi hai..I need to go urgently. That's why I woke up. I had forgotten then but now I remembered."
Sidharth starts to laugh, "How could someone forget something like this? And washroom kaise aa sakti hai kisi ko? I mean you are seriously a piece."