Chapter 31

Badhti Nazdeekiyan, mitte faslee,
Kasmakas dil mein jagarahi hai.
Tum woh kwaab ho jiski mein tabeer nahi,
Mein woh tanhai ho jisme tum samil nahi.

Kya tum meri bas adat banchuki ho,
Ya meri zindagi ka hissa.
Kya mein sirf tumhara fitoor banchuka hun,
Ya tumhare hayaat ka kissa.

Zindagi jahan bhi leh jaye hame,
Rista hamara jaisa bhi bane.
Itni gujaris hai meri khudha se,
Woh hamesha mere rooh mein samil rahe.

Sid writes this in his diary sitting on the desk in his room. He could not sleep, so he had got up from the bed and come to his room. Sid had been writing journals from a very young age. His father had given him his first diary on his 14th birthday. He had promised him to write his feelings, his happy and sad incidents in them. Today several other diaries have joined the shelf with his first one. The pages of his journals say the story of his life. They bear the several scars of his life and also are the witness of few happy moments. Death of his father, his first job, sister's admission, Hotel attack and his marriage, all have special mentions in his journal. But why is he writing today? And more importantly why he is sort of words to write what he feels now? These questions keep running in his mind.

He writes in his poem, that he wants her to stay with him as a part of his soul. Why? He closes the diary, not writing anything else. He gets up from the chair and his leg hits Sana's suitcase lying near it. Rubbing his foot, he tries to move it and it falls open. With a feeling of irritation, he says to himself,"What kind of girl is she? She has kept the suitcase unlocked and open. Uff.." He sits on the floor to close it down. But as the clothes are haphazardly thrown inside, it does not close. Taking a deep breath, he tries to fold them, putting them a proper way. And in the process of doing so, he comes across two photographs. One probably of his parents and another one of a small girl with her mother. Sid picks the photo and tries to see it in the light coming from the table lamp. He smiles looking at her and says,"Yeah, it's you. You scrunch your noses when you laugh or smile. It's your old habit then.. " He closes the suitcase and puts it at one corner and takes the photographs to the table. He gets his took box and gets out his drill machine and nails. But then thinking something, he puts the drill machine back and takes out the hammer.

Sana wakes up in the morning with the soft touch of her Sumitraji's hand on her face. She instantly sits up and gives her a hug and says," Maa you have returned! Wow! I am sooo happy. Meri morning happy ho gayi. Aap kab ayi?( when did you come?)" Sumitraji smilingly replies, "Abhi kuch time pehle ayi hun.(Few time ago.) Now go and get fresh. We will have breakfast together and talk then." Sana looks around and unable to find Sid anywhere asks," Where is Sid? Didn't he pick you up?" Sumitraji replies," Yes and after dropping me here, he left for his gym. " Sana goes to his room and is about to get her clothes that she gets surprised. On the wall of his room is hanging her photograph with her mother. She smiles looking at it thinking who has put it here. She goes out and gets another surprise. Next to the photograph of Sid's father, hangs the photograph of her parents.

Sid returns home from the gym and goes straight to his room. As he takes out his towel, he feels someone hugging him from behind. Sid says," Hey, What are you doing? Leave me." Sana replies," You are very sweet. Thank you." Sid removes her hold and turns to find Sana's eyes filled with tears. Sid says," Tumhara aaj kal kya ronedhone ka season chal raha hai? Whenever I see you, you are crying?" Sana shakes her head and says," I am actually very happy. You have put up my parent's photograph on the wall. Thank you husband. But when did you do that?" Sid puts his hand on his waist and says,"Wife I have put your photo as well. Well I did it when you were sleeping? And stop thanking me and for a change do something helpful. Why was your suitcase open and clothes thrown inside like a thrash? I like things sorted. Make sure you do that." Sana smiles and saluting him says," Okay Sir! Anything else Sir?" Sid shaking his head says," Nautanki! And yes, tumhara aaj kal kuch jada chipakna bhi ho raha hai. Who gave you the permission to hug me all the time?" Sana biting her lower lips says," I was actually very happy so I hugged you. Sorry.." Sid lowers his gaze and says, "Hmm..don't say sorry. But can't you see I am sweaty? Uff! Gadhi ladki.." saying this, he leaves to take bath.