Chapter 80

My phone is ringing again constantly today. And it is Sana. Her 20th missed call since the evening. And I am avoiding her quite well. She has sent me texts too. You know what she must have written. Angry, upset, crying, angry again, furious, and then sobbing. That's how her mood goes.

It is our anniversary tomorrow. I was supposed to return from Goa today evening. She is waiting for me at home. She had plans to spend the evening together. I had promised to take her out for dinner first. Just the two of us. And I have not reached home yet though I have arrived earlier in the afternoon. I had just sent her a text after reaching here that I will be in a meeting, I will call you later. But she never listens. She kept calling me. In fact , she is calling me right now and I let it go on voice mail.
And then I switch off my cell. I am busy with something very important. I am in the room of the Hotel Sartaj. I am tired and so I turn off the lights and fall asleep.

I woke up two hours later. I need to make a call. I switch on my phone and make the call.
"Hello."
"Yes. I am in suite 501. "
" Sana was calling me, I had to switch off the phone. "
"Just be careful. Make sure no one knows about it."
"I am waiting for you. Come soon.. Love you.."

Sana calls me again and I let it go to voicemail again. I can't talk to her now. I put the phone on the side and lie down on the bed.

I look at the watch, 30 minutes to 40 minutes and she will be here. I can't wait to take her into my arms..

I get up and sit on the desk at the side. I switch on the lights and take out my journal from my laptop bag. I start writing.

Five years have gone by. Yes. Five long years. A lot of things have changed. A lot..where should I start with.

Okay my Shaurya. My Shaurya has become a big boy now. He will be 6 years old very soon. Like I had said earlier, he has got the eyes of his mother but his smile is just like me. He has a cute nose like her but he will be tall like me. Thank God for that. He is a good singer like his mother and he is shy like me.

We share a special bond like the one I had with my father. We read together at night. We steal ice cream from the refrigerator when everyone is asleep. We play football and cricket. He is indeed good at sports from such a young age. His demands, his complaints, his secrets all are with me. Sana is his necessity. He needs her all the time for everything. From waking up in the morning to falling asleep, the first and the last person he needs is her. I am more his friend, confidant, a partner.

We no longer live in that apartment that I had purchased. I bought a six bedroom bungalow four months back. It has a swimming pool and a nice sized courtyard. Shaurya is highly excited to move in here. He has his own room to play and he no longer has to go to the society swimming pool. He loves water. Sometimes I think he was a fish in his last birth.

My resort was a success. Just as I expected, it's history, it's location and service drew guests from all around the world. I and Sharad now own two more resorts. The principle is simple, we take up antique heritage houses with unique history and convert them to beautiful and comfortable resorts. So along with Mumbai, we have one in Goa and another in Matheran. We have plans to open one in Jaipur soon.

Jaanvi and Rohan have a daughter. They have named her Ridhi. She is Shaurya's best friend. Both understand each other so well. I see myself and Jaan in them.
Shini, well she got married to Rajat two years ago. They are both in London now. She is pursuing her post-graduation there.
Maa has gotten old. Finally her hair is starting to turn grey. I used to make fun of it, "Main buddha ho jaunga par tum jawan raho gi. My gorgeous Rekha."