Take Me Home

Chapter 23

Liam's POV

Laney's head was resting on my shoulder when we landed. I lightly woke her up from her sleep and told her we had landed. She seemed really out of it so I buckled her seat belt for her. About 20 minutes later, the pilot came on the intercom.

"We have now landed. You may exit the plane in an orderly fashion." he said. I finally got Laney up and walked off the plane with everyone else. We met up with the rest of the lads and their girlfriends at the baggage claim. We all walked together and I could her the screams of the girls outside getting louder and louder as we approached the door. I grabbed Laney's hand as we exited the airport. Girls were everywhere. They were pushing and pulling and crying to get our attention. Luckily, Paul came to the rescue and kept the girls from clawing our girlfriends eyes out.We all hopped into the black vans. I hopped in the first one with Laney, Niall and Ashlyn.

"After you," I said, holding Laney's hand as she got into the van.

"Thanks LiLi," Ashlyn said, as I helped her into the van as well. After helping both of the girls in the car like the gentlemen that I am, I waited for Niall to get in the car. Niall stood there waiting and watching me. In the background, I saw everyone else getting in the bigger van.

"GET IN THE CAR!" Paul yelled.

"What are you waiting for?" I asked Niall.

"Aren't you going to help me in the car?" Niall asked, grinning sarcastically at me. I pushed him as he got into the car and quickly got into the car behind him. Paul got into our car and started to drive away form the airport and the screaming fans.

Julie's POV

I unlocked the doors to Harry's flat and sighed dramatically as I plopped on the couch. I took that moment to examine my engagement ring once again. At that moment I realized how lucky I was to have Harry.

"Babe!" I heard Harry shout through the door. I watched him walk in with his one bag and my three bags. He looked in pain.

"Do you know how heavy your bags are?" Harry asked, dropping them at the door and shutting it tight.

"Yes, yes I do Haz," I said, smiling at his exhaustion. He sat down next to me and turned on the television.  Lady in the Tramp came on and I saw Harry smile to himself. We watched the movie in silence as I was nestled in the crook of his neck. When the movie looked to be about halfway through, Harry's lips met mine. We kissed passionately for a while, our lips moving together. I felt Harry's hands around my waist and pull me on top of him. He then slipped his hands under my shirt. Suddenly, it felt wrong. I pushed him away and went to sit on the love seat across from him.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Harry asked, sitting up on the couch.

"It just....doesn't feel right," I said, sadly. I saw Harry's face drop as I said this. He all of a sudden when from his giddy self to sad and quiet. My heart tore into pieces. "Harry, I don't want to....get it on yet," I said and Harry chuckled. I saw his smile come back and I felt better.

"Come here," he said, motioning for me to come back and sit next to him. I sat next to him and he put his arm around me. "I'm not going to force you to 'get it on' with me. Ok that's not why I love you and I'm not going to leave you, ok?" he said. I pecked him on his lips and we sat there, on the couch, and watched movies for the rest of the night.

Laney's POV

Liam had texted me earlier and invited me to his flat for dinner later that night. I was staying with in Julie's apartment that she shared with the other girls because, to be honest, they weren't here often.  After I took my shower and my hair dried, I looked for an outfit in my closet. I finally decided on a dark purple dress with a black belt at the waist. I put that with my favorite black heels and my purple Coach bag. i dashed on some mascara and lipstick and made my way to Liam's house.

I hopped in Julie's car and got on the road. It was pouring down raining and I hated driving in the rain. It was about 30 minutes fromt he apartment to Liam's flat. I turned on the radio to past time. "What Makes You Beautiful" came on I began to sing along.

"BABY, YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE, THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED," I screamed, laughing at myself. Someone suddenly cut me off and I honked the horn loud. It honsetly scared the shit out of me and I stopped singing and paid attention to the road.

I pulled up into Liams driveway, got out and locked my car. I looked around to see if there were any paps and there weren't so I was very happy and put a little pep in my step. I walked into the building and got in the elevator. I hit the button labeled 2 and felt the elevator shift upward. I reached his door and knocked on it. I waited for a while and paced around the door for a little bit. I decided to try the knob and it was unlocked.

I opened the door and looked around. The lights were off in the kitchen. But through the kitchen I saw a light on in the living room. I slowly walked towards the living room, my heels barely making noise. I saw two figures on the couch and immediately noticed on of them was Liam.

"Liam, did you invite someone else?" I asked, coming closer. I stopped short realizing who the other figure was Danielle Peazer. What the hell? Liam's face froze and I suddenly became very confused.

"Laney, what are you doing here?" he asked unwrapping his arms from Danielle and getting off the couch.

"You texted me and told me you wanted to have dinner," I said, tears coming to my eyes. Liam turned and picked up his phone.

"I see the text but I didn't send it," he said, looking up from his phone to me. We both turned to Danielle at the same time. She grinned evily and got up, wrapping her arms around Liam once again.

"You got me, I sent that text because I wanted you to see that he and I were meant to be together," she said. My heart dropped as I looked between Liam and Danielle. The funny part was, before I met Liam I had always admired Danielle. She seemed to be her own woman and she was so pretty and I really loved that about her. My eyes finally rested on Liam's.

"Well, explain yourself," I said. He looked away from me and stared at the ground for a while.

"She came over and we were talking about getting back together, like as a couple," he said, half heartedly.

"Well did you tell her that you have a girlfriend?" I screamed, shocking Liam and myself.

"Not yet," he said.

"Really? Not yet? I doubt you were ever going to tell her. So can just get back together with your ex and leave me the hell alone!" I said. I spun around on my heels and walked out his flat, slamming the door in the process.

I totally ditched the elevator and ran down the stairs, tears freely falling. I reached my car and put the key in the ignition. Immediately the radio came on, "One Thing" blaring out of my speakers.

I've tried playing it cool, but when I'm looking at you

I can never be brace, cause you make my heart race

"SHUT UP!!" I shouted, pulling the key out of the ignition. This kind of stuff does happen to me. Ofcourse, as soon as I hate his guts his part of the song came on. I sat there for at least 30 minutes, just crying. For the first time, since I met the boys, I wished I was back home and I never wanted to go back home.