Chapter 9

<Rayo's POV>

I continued staring at my phone, my brain swarming with thoughts of Ginger. The text only contained Well, she's... Then that's it. I started looking around the park, wondering if I should really talk to whoever this is. It's possible to be a boy or a girl. I continued turning my head around. Then, that's when my eye caught something familiar.

It was Ginger.

She continued walking, wearing a worried face. She constantly looked around also, her hands pushing into her pockets, until her weary eyes suddenly caught me. We both stared at each other, half of our mouth open, our eyes as wide as a golf ball. We tried to let go and move on. Though we just can't. It's not easy, it was never easy. I remember when we would always have times like this before, it's just that...

The aura is somehow...different.

She started walking toward me, slowing every step, our eyes still locked together. She reached a distance where it was probably enough already. "You..." Her voice was soft and low. "Why won't you..." Her eyes started swelling with tears.

No, no, no. No. Please don't. You can't! Any minute now, she's going to come!

I felt that she was about to fall in my arms and just continue crying. Finally, I had the courage to stand up. I stayed in my standing position for a while. My face crumpled up, then I turned and walked. I continued walking faster, trying not to look back. I finally reached the half-body sized, black gate with golden trims. I passed by the open way, then I couldn't help myself but look back. She was kneeling, her head on the chair, her arms covering it up. She continued crying, rapidly banging the chair, rubbing her arms around her deep, dark red face. I quickly turned my vision away from the agonizing sight.

My vision started to blur with tears. I just rubbed it away and got my phone.

Let's meet somewhere else.
***************
I continued stuffing my clothes in my bag, forcing it to fit. My door suddenly opened and came in was my mom.

"Aren't you excited?" She clasped her hands together, a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Erm, sure..." I replied in a low voice, nodding with a tiny smirk.

"I can't wait for tomorrow! It's the big day, isn't it?" she leaned toward me. "Just wait 'till you experience Heaven in our new house!" she gestured her arms around my room.

"Y-yup!" I forced a smile. "Okay, mom. I think you'll have to pack up, too." I tried finding a way to get her out of the room.

"Yes, I know," she sang, smiling. "It's just that I'm super excited..." Her voice slowly faded away as she went out of the room.

I sighed and went back to "organizing" my bag, crumpling each shirt and stuffing it in. I closed it and it took a while for me to zip it already. Suddenly, just when I thought I already forgot about it, it came back. Ginger. I accidentally bit my tongue for some reason and the pain swelled. A lot. I remembered this myth that whenever you bite your tongue, it means someone is thinking of you.

I'm guessing it was Ginger. It's obviously her. I mean, after what I've done: not replying to her messages, just ignoring her, and leaving when it was a good time to talk.

Though, there are more things I have to attend to, also.
***************
<Author's Note>

The part of "more things to attend to", I bet you're thinking "What is that 'things'?"

Well, guess what?

It's a "Who". -smirk-