Chapter 12

<Johan's POV>

It's 4:45 am in the morning. I determinedly jumped up from my bed, my feet reaching for my slippers. I grabbed my phone and turned off my alarm. I went down to my kitchen and toasted myself some bread. I opened the window by my kitchen and watched the sun rise as I chomped on my bread and took sips of my coffee, leaning my elbow on the counter. My phone rang again.

How's your surprise for Ginger going? It was Renee. She woke up early this morning, too?

Is everyone else awake? I texted, drinking my coffee.

She replied, Yup.

Coffee suddenly came spilling from my mouth, my mug slipping from my hand and crashing into pieces. I backed away from the kitchen and looked for my broom and dustpan.

You freaking told EVERYONE!? I slid my hand from my eyes to the back of my hair.

Why not?

It hasn't even started yet!

So?

***************

I hurriedly went down the road, trying to get off with the annoying smell of pollution. I reached the school gates and finally realized that it's still too early. No! I panicked. How do I fix this? I decided to just calm, relax, and went round and round and round in the school borders. I stared at the floor as I walked, my hands in my pockets and just thinking all about Ginger.

"Johan, Johan!" I heard voices overlapping each other.

I stopped at a corner and turned to my left. There, I saw my friends, standing by the tree, while others were just leaning on the tree in a sitting position. "Dude, you're so dead!" Dave stood up, backing away from the tree and heading towards me.

Asa joined in, "You haven't even started your plan for Ginger!"

I rubbed my whole face with my hand. "I know, I know!"

"Wait, don't worry." Renee raised both of her hands. "There has to be some other way."

Dave realized, "Wait, after all that sulking for 2 days, you think she'd still go to school?"

France nodded. "That's true. It's probably super hard for Ginger since they were close, and now it withered because of him."

I was still stressed out. "I still don't know how to fix this... This is for me, for Ginger, and for all of you."

"Well, if we know the problem now," Dana organized. "Then let's think of some other way for you...to get to her."

"That's it!" a perfect idea popped into my head. I checked my watch, and I still got time. I quickly ran out, my friends trying to call me back. I continued running, constantly catching my breath. I finally reached the familiar gates and stopped. "Okay," I relaxed, reassuring myself. "This is it." I prepped myself, straightening my uniform and back. I bit the bottom of my lip hard as I pressed the button of the doorbell. Of course she wouldn't go out! I realized, scratching my head. Just find a way to get in there...

I inserted my arm in between the bars of her gate. I grabbed the handle and twisted it going out, one side of the gate unlocking. I quickly slipped in and close the gate, not minding it's lock. I reached for the door, and surprisingly, it was half open. I entered it quietly, my ears sensing sounds echoing around. Just to make sure she wouldn't think I'm some kind of kidnapper or thief,

"G-Ginger?" I called, the sound bouncing from wall to wall. I heard the small noises quickly shut down, my curiosity getting the best out of me. I decided to inform her, "D-don't worry, it's me: Johan!"