Chapter 6

<Ginger's POV>

"So...yeah! Of course! He could be the perfect guy," I smiled hugely, hitting the left side of my chest with the crumpled piece of paper. "Don't you think, so?" I turned to my right.

At my surprise, there was no one. Rayo was gone. The people were gone.

He left me.

"Wait, w-why?" I whispered to myself, hugging the paper, fear flooding me. "He-hello?" I called.

After a while of staying in a stiff position like as if I were a statue, but eyes were moving everywhere, I quickly bolted into the sea of trees. I followed the path that me and Rayo made with dried leaves, leading to his house. Mine was a clear path anyway, but his wasn't, yet he memorized it, so we made this. Nobody would pass here except Rayo's and my family.

I continued down the path, rushing to the most familiar tree to me. I kept on expecting it because it was a sign that I was getting closer. I continued running, dashing in the line of piled leaves for my life. I kept carrying my feet, trying not to lose hope, but just then, I suddenly saw a part of the path broken.

I stared in horror at the cut off trail. The leaves were scattered everywhere. "Wh-who did this?" I started to shiver. "H-help..." I whispered to myself.

I should've went to my house instead. I turned back, ready to go home. Though just then, a dark green, patterned, curvy line slithered towards me. It took a while for me to take in that it was a snake. I was too unaware of the danger in forests anymore.

"Ack! Help! No-o!" I quickly ran everywhere, basically going in circles. "He-elp! R-Rayo!" I unexpectedly screamed. I repeatedly addressed his name, hoping for him to help me.

I started getting weak. My knees throbbed and my heart thumped constantly. The snake still continued chasing me; in fact, it was getting faster than ever. I tried looking for the trail though dizzy. Unexpectedly, I hopelessly tripped through a rock, almost falling flat on my face. My hands quickly slammed on the grass, my elbows bending. I tried getting up. Realizing that I can't, I just turned and faced the snake. It was only about a meter or two away from me. With my bended knees, I took quick steps backward while sitting, my vertebrae gliding in the grass. After a few steps, my knees were getting really weak. My right leg fell. The snake was able to slither to me, starting from my shoe, than it's head reached to my shin. With no energy, I could only watch in horror, waiting for me to get poisoned until I get help.

"Ginger!" someone called from my back. Strong, big arms grabbed my elbows, the snake falling back. It was a guy. He quickly went in front of me and shooed the snake away with some kind of a sharp weapon.

"Rayo?" I softly questioned as he finished. As he turned his back, it was someone else. "Dad!" I threw my arms and wrapped it around him. He did the same, using one hand only, the other for patting my head.

He unwrapped his hands and I followed. "Why are you here? You're supposed to go to your own house first right after school, remember the deal?"

I finally remembered what just happened a while ago. I started to get blue, though I spent more time with my dad, I felt like I still wanted to side Rayo. "Sorry, dad. I promise it won't happen again."

"Okay, you explain later with me and your mom. First, here." He handed me a neater, folded piece of paper. "It's from your friend, Rayo."

"Wh-what?"

"Yup. I just met him a few seconds ago at his house. I was just going to give a few of our biscuits to his family since we're overloaded with 'em. That's why when I was going back, I saw you," he explained. "Anyway, he said he forgot to mention to you about studying with with you for the test."

A test? "Oh, yes...that test," I softly replied.
***************
After dinner, I went back to my bedroom and the first thing I did was to grab the piece of paper Rayo sent me. I unfolded it and read it, not expecting the word test in it.

Ginger,

Hey. Look, I'm really sorry that I just left you like that. I heard what happened about you and the snake, and I'm really sorry. I swear, I meant nothing about the snake.

The reason why I left is because I got stressed out. It's because I...like you. In a way. When my friend told me to give this to you, I realized I was too late. I was even planning to give you a letter tomorrow, but he went first. I'm sorry if you're getting confused now; if you don't know who to decide on, but whatever your criteria is, you don't have to put sympathy on me. It's ok if you don't pick me, I understand. Whatever you're happier with.

But if you pick me (which I'm not sure with...), I won't force you. It's okay that it could be after a few years or so, or...just whatever you want. I'm just here, available, once you need me. Either as a friend, counselor, or...

-R
***************
<A/N>

Once again, I am terribly, truly, hugely, whole-heartedly, super-duper-uber sorry for posting this late :P
Actually, the snake thing wasn't part of my idea, but I just thought of it. So...ya.

Anyhoo, thanks again for that one second waste of your life of tapping Vote just for my story :))

Bye~~