Annabeth V --- New York --- Goode High School

Percy ran forward. I laughed as he scooped me up into a hug. I felt like he was going to squeeze the life out of me. When he moved back, he looked at me and pulled me in again. This time, I wrapped my arms around him too.

"Percy," I thought giddily. "I missed you Seaweed Brain." I muttered,

"I missed you too, Wise Girl." He replied.

We moved apart, and I found the group of boys (excluding Grover) watching us, very confused.

"Care to introduce us?" One asked.

I laughed. So these were Percy's "Oh so awesome friends"?

"This is Annabeth, my girlfriend," Percy answered.

"Wait, you have a girlfriend?" One of his friends stuttered disbelievingly.

I looked at Percy, who was turning red.

"Yes, he does, now get used to it," I said with a cheeky grin.

"Percy, you still haven't told me your friends' names yet." I pointed out, my arms folded across my chest.

"Oh... okay," He said.

"This is Stewart, Mitch, and Alex." He said simply, pointing to each friend.

"You didn't introduce Grover," Stewart mentioned.

"She already knows Grover." He mused.

"Longer than I have, actually."

I laughed and punched his shoulder lightly.

His friends, once again, looked confused.

"How do you know Grover?" Mitch asked.

I looked at Percy and grinned at him as we replied in unison.

"Summer camp."

"Is that the same camp that Percy goes to? Where he disappeared for eight months and then suddenly came back?" Alex asked inquisitively.

I paled. I hadn't thought about that for a long time. Thinking about it only made the pain of losing Percy worse, like it had been when he was gone. Percy squeezed my hand. I looked down, my vision blurred from the tears threatening to fall.

"What happened? Why does that make you so sad?" Alex questioned.

"I think it's best we don't mention that. A lot of stuff happened then, we don't want to relive that." Percy said in a hushed tone.

I tried to stand up straight, but I failed miserably.

"Why don't we get to class?" Grover said rather loudly.

"Ahem." Came a voice. Percy whirled around.

He groaned softly. "Hi, Rose." He said uncomfortably.

"I was wondering if you want to come to my place for a party?" She inquired, looking directly at Percy.

"When is it?" He asked.

"It's next Saturday, 5:00 pm." She answered with a flirtatious giggle. I clenched my fist, trying to calm myself down.

"Can we invite some friends?" I asked through gritted teeth.

Percy grinned. He knew where this was going. She turned to me.

"Sure. Who are you, exactly, and why are you holding hands with my boyfriend?" She looked at me as if I was part troll.

"Because you aren't my girlfriend, Annabeth is." Percy said, promptly kissing me.

Rose blanched. I smiled and shook my head.

"And, just so you know, you can bring as many friends as you like. My address is 12 Seinfield Street." She said coldly.

Percy managed a polite smile. "Okay, bye." He said smoothly, with a curt nod that obviously meant Go-away-we-don't-want-you-here.