Boy/Friend? (Chapt.6)

Chapter 6:

Daniel's P.O.V.

So it's Monday. This weekend flew by hella fast. As I'm getting out of bed I contemplate whether I'm going to fix things with Angie or just forget her. My brothers were right yesterday. I was being pathetic about giving up on her. But I aint gonna give up without a fight. If Spencer thinks ima let him have her he's wrong.

Once dressed in a t-shirt and jeans I go downstairs and grab something to eat before I leave. I see my mom drinking a cup a coffee and my dad reading the newspaper, surprised he hasn't left for work yet.

"Hey mom, hey dad." I tell them.

My mom smiles, "Hey honey. How did you sleep last night?" I give her a fake smile.

"Nice mom." My dad eyes me. Shit. He knows when we lie.

"That's good to here honey. So how come I haven't seen Angie around?" she asked. What do I tell her?

"Uhh I don't know mom. Umm guess she's been busy..." I lie.

My dad looks at me. "Daniel why are you lying to your mother?" Dammit. Why does he have to be able to tell when people lie. Well he used to be a detective so figures he knows when people lie, but now he's a police officer for the city.

My mom looks at me with her blue eyes and brown hair pulled in a bun. "Are you lying to me Daniel?" Well can't lie to her now. I nod.

"So tell me the truth then." I have no choice but to now. Man why did my dad have to be here right now.

"We aint talkin' now. Shit happened that's all." I respond.

My dad gets up from his chair, rolls his newspaper and walks towards me and smacks the side of my head with the newspaper he just rolled up. "Daniel Jackson apologize to your mother this instant for that language," he says looking serious but trying not to smile.

I go to my mom and give her a kiss on the cheek. "Sorry mom. Won't happen again," I say and head to the door.

"We are not done talking. So I'll be talking to you later young man," my mom says as I leave.

Once outside my dad bursts out laughing. "Sorry you know how your mother is but watch out for that mouth of yours."

"Dad did you have to hit me like a lil kid?" I ask him crossing my arms in front of my chest.

"Sorry but you deserved it. Don't think I'm stupid Daniel. I know you got drunk that other night. I should've put you in jail for the night. You know the rules. No drinking." he told me sternly.

I raised my eyebrows. "If I recall that's how you met mom. You were drunk and well you know what happened." Will was what happened.

"Well that was a mistake." he says. Ouch if Will were here he'd get offended.

"So you are saying Will was a mistake?" I raise my eyebrows waiting for his response.

"No he wasn't. I didn't mean to say it like that. Dammit Daniel go to school." he says.

"I'm telling my mommy that you said Will was a mistake," opening my car door laughing. "And that you said 'dammit'." I say closing the door.

Once in the car I turn the ignition and roll down the window. "Dad you are lucky I at least didn't bring a chick home."

"Well good thing you are not following your fathers footsteps" he laughs and smiles at me. "Get to school Daniel. Fix things with Angie too. Like I said I'm not stupid," were the last things he told me. Then I drove off.