Chapter 6

"YN, today... Is gonna be a tough day. "My sister said as we hid behind the school. "Since you joined at this team, you'll have to play. "

"Do I have to? "I whined. "They are too strong... I can't just go out there and play which by the way... A sport I don't know. "

She touched her glasses while having that sneer plastered on her face. "Oh, you know... You're brain doesn't remember but your body does...... Now go out there and do your best my little sister! "She said proudly and fixed my hair.
She turned around back facing me.
'You might come across speed bumps,being in a new environment, but I believe in what I saw. Good luck our future ace .' She said smiling.

'A-ace' isn't this a bit too early?

'oh, and it'll be a student-teacher relationship from now on . If you don't speak with some manners, I'll beat some sense into you.' she said and started walking.

"Wait, what? "I said confusely at her.
"Oh, that was just a part of speech. "She replied.

We parted our ways she went inside the big room that makes you see all the players movements... I don't know what's it called.

"Hey!  over here! " A guy said waving at me.

Oh, this must be where the first-years like me should stay.

"We always have a crowd in Sundays... The alumni, the press... So many people come to watch. "
"Crap, I'm getting nervous. "
"I can't sleep last night either. "
"Never thought I'd have to face the upperclassmen after a month in high school." The guys besides me said.

The coach went near us.
"All first-years will be able to play. Make sure your all warmed up. "He said.
"Yes! "We replied.

"All the first years... I'll do it! I'm gonna make it! There's no way I'm letting this one slip by! "Sawamura-kun shouted while looking up at the sky... I forgot there's this guy.

"You crying again? Good for you. You get to practice with the team now, right? "Miyuki-senpai said when he walked behind.

"Shut up! Shouldn't you be on the dugout? "
Miyuki-senpai looked at him and smiled cheekily and said "The first-string players have a break today. We have the kanto tournaments coming up. "

"Tsk, how unfortunate. I was hoping to play against you. "

Miyuki-senpai laughed "Wait another hundred yearz. So, when are you batting? "

"I don't know, but probably last... Knowing shades... "Sawamura-kun said resting his face on his knuckles.

"YN! Come here! "They called for me. I went and asked "Why? Is something wrong? " I asked.

"When are you pitching? "Miyuki-senpai said.
"I really don't know. "I replied.

"Well then, I'll help you two warm up, as a special service."

----

After some time on watching those who started playing already I felt a tight know on my stomach.

I thought this was only a scrimmage.... They're all dead serious...

"The first-years won't stand a chance. "
"Seriously. "
"The upperclassmen can be so immature. "
The guys on the other dugout said while watching.

"Do you think they're immature? "Miyuki-senpai said making me turn at him.
"Huh? "
He looked at the upperclassmen "True, to a fresh first year. The pitch of a third-year is  completely new, and the speed of a batted ball is on a different level. But to the third-years, this is a huge chance. No matter what happens, the next game is the last. If they don't make the first-string, it's over do them. "I was too fixated on him when I heard a scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! " He screamed satisfied on the result.

I felt all the hairs on my body straitening up, my heart beat was faster than before.

"You two're gonna have it tough... You two would need to be strong-minded, enough to shut them up for force—" He stopped when I pitched right at him... He caught it with the mitt.

"Whoa, there. "Miyuki-senpai said surprised by my actions.

I smirked while enjoying this weird feeling happening in my chest
"I'm even more sure now. I can't watch baseball. I have to be playing....... I'm so glad I came to this school. There are so many amazing people I can duel with... I can't wait to go to the mound. "