Chapter 12

We both stood in a straight line horizontal to them.

My sister was in the center and in her left is Miyuki-senpai and on her right a guy that I haven't met before. He has that soldier vibe wrapped around him...

That's trange.... This guy... Gives the feeling of a stranger but yet someone that I'm famiar with....

"You two will be given the pitcher training menu starting today. You'll have twice as much work to do than everyone else, but good luck. "Oneesan said and took a glance from me then she looked at Furuya-kun.

"Furuya-kun, you might be pitching in next week's Kanto Tournament, so practice your pick-off plays and signs with Miyuki. "
"Yes. "Furuya-kun answered and I looked at him shockingly...
So that means I'm gonna be paired up with this scary looking guy?!

"Rei-chan, he has power, but his control is trash. Also, he'll have to throw a hundred pitches everyday to build endurance. "Miyuki-senpai said
"Oh, you've already been catching his pitch?"She said surprised and he just chuckled softly.

I looked at the two guys back and forth...

When did they become close? ...

"I... Will do as Miyuki instructs me to do... Its a pleasure to work with you "He said and bowed.

"What's this? You're being so obedient. "-Miyuki-senpai
"I figured I should start humble. "-Furuya
"This guy. "-Miyuki-senpai

So close...

"YN, you'll be working with Chris, a third-year. Have him teach you about how to act and lead on the field. "Oneesan said and the guy beside him extended his arm.

"What? This isn't fair... I want to pair up with Miyuki-senpai, too. "I mumbled

This really isn't fair I was the first Miyuki-senpai met.

I felt something clenched my wrist...
It was the guy's hand... He extended it for me and did a hand shake.

"What a coincidence. I don't want to pair with you, either. I'm Chris Yu Takigawa... Nice to meet you, loser pitcher. "He said and I felt a cold breeze behind my back.

His eyes we're cold as ice, and has no color. There's no way I could survive a day---... No not even an hour!!!

-----
Furuya-kun went to practice fielding with the other guys and I was in the bullpen stretching with Chris-senpai.

"You look envious. You want to go to the first-string that badly? "He said rotating my left arm as I sat at the ground.

"Rather,... How long are you gonna make me stretch? It's already been 30 mins. "I complained standing up. "We're in the bullpen, let me pitch! "

He stood there and wrote something in his notes back facing me.

"What are you writing down? "I shouted.... I felt rage around my body.

What is this guy's problem? He has a quiet voice, and I have no idea what he wants to do.

"Shoulder, elbow, "he mumbled "and wrist joints are very flexible. His fingers are long and have many traits as a good pitcher. "

The rage melted away... I went beside him and placed my hand near my ear.
"What did you say? "I said as my eyes lit up excited from his encouraging words. He closed his notebook.

"However, you will never become the ace here. "I looked at him unbelievable.  " In the last tryout scrimmage, why did you ignore the catcher and go for head-to-head duels? Are catchers... Just targets to you? "He said and looked at me deadly straight into the eyes.

"Th-that's not it at all. To be honest I don't have confidence in my ball control. I didn't want to throw half-heartedly, so I thought I could just throw as hard as I can. Besides, a head-to-head battle of powers is the best part about baseball. " I said griping my hand.

He let's out a sign and walked away from me.
"That's why your a loser. "He said and sat down "Anyway, throw... Though I don't expect anything from you. "He mumbled and pits on his face protection gear.

My face became red...
He calls me a loser and doesn't give me any credit, but he's got the mask, the guards, the while package. Maybe...

I raised my feet put both of my arm half-way in the air.

You're actually pretty scared of my pitch?

I released the ball.

After that I didn't hear the sound you get when the ball meets the mitt.

What happened next made me gasped.

The ball hits his shoulder but he didn't bulge.

What is he doing? He didn't move the mitt a single inch.

"What's wrong? "He spoke "This is where my... Mitt is"he said looking at me.

The insides of my body shivered.... He's so scary. I'm starting to want to get out of this hell hole.

"A head-to-head battle of powers is the best part about baseball? Maybe for your own self-satisfaction. "I froze "A pitcher must stand on the mound with everything on his shoulders, including the benched players, I would never... Want to entrust the three years we spent here to you. "

---------

"What's up with that guy? He's calling it a day way before everyone else! What does he know from seeing a few of my throws? I practice some of my throws this past few days because I know I'm falling behind.  Your in the second-string,  too! Don't take out your frustration on me! "I shouted as I ran around the oval with the tire tied on me.

After that I made my way out of the ground... I took the lollipop out of my bag, that I almost forgot to take. It has some medicine, herbs infused that is there to help me with the ligament of my foot. I'm surprised it works, its still puzzling that I have injury right there though I can't and don't remember how.

It's like... Nothing's changed at all since m--

"YN! "I stopped and looked back... It was one of the managers and one of my classmates, Yoshikawa Haruno.  She stopped as she was near me and handed me a scroll.

"Here you go. Chris in third year asked me to give it to you. He said to do it after your daily menu. "She said

I opened it and a bunch of words was written.

Today's menu
10 hill sprint
3x10 scissor jump
2x10 push press
2x10 MB sit up throw
2x10 Ballistic lunge
2x15 dumbbell push and low
3x10 MB overhand
2x15 lunge and twist.

I laughed softly... I raised my hand holding the scroll and threw it at the ground forcefully.
"Ahhhhh! You've got to be kidding me! You jerk!  "