Chapter 4: Hidden Feelings Part 2.

Previously...

Jake discover Bree is pregnant. And it's his. What will this mean for his relationship with Kara?

"I'm so sorry, Jake. I didn't mean to get pregnant" Bree apologised. What they didn't know is that Vanessa heard the whole thing. "Oh my God! I have to tell Kara" she said as she left. "What am I going to do? I screwed everything up!" Jake exclaimed. "I know, and I understand if you're going to stay with Kara. It's just, could you go to the doctors with me tomorrow?" Bree asked. "Yeah. Of course" he said. "Meet me after school tomorrow and we can go" she said.

The next day was going to be filled with drama. Vanessa met with Barry before school started.

"There you are! What's going on with you lately? Why are you avoiding me?" Barry asked. "No of course not. I've had a lot on my mind. Can I tell you something and you must promise you can't tell anyone, especially Kara" Vanessa sternly told him. "Sure" Barry said. "Jake cheated on Kara and he got the girl pregnant" she said. "Are you sure about this? I mean, that is a big accusation, Vanessa" he warned her. "I know what I heard! He got Bree pregnant! Jake cheated on Kara! You can believe me or not but he cheated on your best friend!" Vanessa shouted.

"Okay, I believe you. What are we going to do?" Barry asked. "I don't know. Leave it to me. Don't tell Kara" Vanessa replied. Kara and Jake met up during break. "They're playing Wizard of Oz in the park tonight" Kara said. "That sounds like fun. Shen is it?" Jake asked. "It's after school today" she replied. "After school? I can't. I have to work" he said. "Again. It seems like you're so busy working, we never get any time together" she complained. "I know, you're right. I'll make it up to you" he said. "I have class. I'll text you later. You know, if you're not busy working" she said. "Right" he sarcastically said.

Bree ambushed Vanessa before class started. "I saw you eavesdropping on mine and Jake's conversation. You better not have told anyone" Bree wanted Vanessa. "I wasn't eavesdropping" Vanessa said. "Good. You better not have told anyone. Especially Kara" Bree said. "Oh Kara, you mean Jake's girlfriend? Why would I tell Jake's girlfriend that he got the girl he was cheating on pregnant? Right, cause that's something that slips into a conversation" Vanessa sarcastically said.

"Look, I know I did a bad thing. I didn't even know he was dating Kafa until a few months ago" Bree said. "You didn't know? But when you found out you still continued your relationship with Jake?" Vanessa questioned. "He told me that he didn't want to be with Kara. He wanted to be with me. He was gonna leave Kara and be with me. But I don't even know anymore" Bree said.

School finished and Barry was helping Kara with a song.

"I think the song is great. I never knew you could sing" Barry complimented. "Yeah. I'm actually in our schools glee club" Kara said. "You're in glee club?" he questioned. "Yeah. That's actually how me and Jake met. But that doesn't seem to do anything anymore" Kara said with disappointment. "Maybe I should join the glee club. Maybe it'll get me a girlfriend like you got a boyfriend" he suggested. "I don't think there's any girl in glee club you'd like" she said. "I don't know. There might be one" Barry hinted. "Oh..." Kara said. Kara wasn't sure what he meant, but she had an idea.

Then Jake came in. "What's going on here? Kara, I thought we were going to work on the song together" he said. "We were, but I thought you were working today like always so I asked Barry instead" Kara explained. "I should leave" Barry said as he was trying not to be in the middle. "Yeah you should" Jake rudely said. "No Barry stay. Jake's just being rude!" she exclaimed. "I'm sorry. It's just I don't want my girlfriend spending time with another guy" Jake said.

"We weren't doing anything. I just asked him to help me with the song cause I thought you were going to cancel on me again and I knew Barry wouldn't!" she exclaimed. "I wouldn't cancel without telling you" Jake said. "You shouldn't cancel on me at all, I'm your girlfriend. But how is that possible when every time we're supposed to hang out you come up with a lame excuse and cancel on me" Kara said. "You know what, I'm clearly not wanted here so I'll leave" Jake suggested. "Great idea. Me and Barry have work to do" she said.

"If you like spending time with Barry maybe he should be your boyfriend instead!" Jake shouted. He pushed the door open loudly and left in anger. "I'm sorry. We don't normally fight" she apologised. "It's fine. Are you okay?" Barry asked. "I'll be fine. Do you want to get out of here and get something to eat. I'm kinda hunry" Kara asked. "Sure. I could eat" he said.

Barry and Kara went for some burgers. "So what's the song for?" Barry asked. "It's for glee club. Me and Jake were supposed to perform a duet. But now I'm not sure about us anymore" Kara replied. "Just give it time. You could spend the weekend together, provided that Jake doesn't have work" Barry suggested. "I don't know. Maybe" she said. Barry and Kara left, and Barry got the sudden sense he was being watched. He turned around saw a blurry figure in an alley. He disappeared. "What's up?" Kara asked. "Nothing. Just a little paranoid" he replied.

The next day, Jake wanted to apologise to Kara. "I'm sorry about yesterday. I didn't mean to upset you. I just don't like you spending time with other guys" he apologised. "Jake, I understand why you were worried. But Barry's just a friend. And you had no right to act like you did" Kara said. "But I did. I saw the way you guys were looking at each other. He clearly likes you!" Jake exclaimed. "I don't. Barry and I are just friends. Why can't you see that!?" Kara exclaimed.

"But he does! Why can't you see that?" Jake questioned. "Look Jake, it doesn't matter if he likes me! I love you. You have to trust me. Do you trust me?" she asked. "I don't trust him" Jake said. "Do you trust me or not?" she again asked. But he didn't answer. Kara got her answer. "Well then, maybe you should start rethinking this relationship" she said. Then Barry arrived. "Hey guys. Do you want to study for the maths test this afternoon?" he asked. "Yeah. Let's get out of here" Kara replied.

Then Vanessa decided to confront Jake. "Wow. It looks like you screwed up your relationship" she said. "What do you want, new girl?" Jake questioned. "My name's Vanessa, you ass! And I'm just curious why you cheated on Kara, with Bree and yet you get upset when she hangs out with other guys" she pointed out. "I didn't cheat on Kara. I love her" he said. "Right" she said. "Just leave me alone" he said. "She's gonna find out you know" Vanessa said. "So what if she does. But she won't after what I know about her" Jake said.

What does Jake know about Kara?

To be continued...