Chapter 6: Forgiveness.

Previously...

Will Barry get his father's abilities? Will Kara forgive Barry?

Barry had practise and wanted to invite Vanessa. "Vanessa! There you are. I wanted to ask you something" he said. "Oh hey Barry. I've been studying for a English test" she apologised. "You studying? That's a new one" he teased. "Quiet! Anyway, you needed something?" she asked. "I wanted to make sure you were still coming to my practice today?" he asked. "Oh I forgot! I'm sorry but I can't make it. My test is important and I can't miss it" she said.

Barry was disappointed. "Oh right. Your test is more important than coming to practice" Barry said. "Again, I'm really sorry" she said. Vanessa left for some more studying. Kara was listening to their conversation and got intrigued by the opportunity to see Barry.

Barry went out for practice and Kara was sitting on the benches watching him. Barry noticed her and walked up to her. "Kara? What are you doing here?" he asked. "I heard Vanessa couldn't make it and I thought you should a spectator" she replied. "I thought you weren't talking to me?" he questioned. "I'm not, but these past few days made me realise that I can't stay mad at you. I understand why you didn't tell me. And I forgive you, both of you" Kara said.

"I'm so glad. I'm sorry" he said. "I know, and I miss spending time together" Kara said. "Me too" he said. The practise was about to talk. While Barry was getting ready, he got a sudden urge of speed. The starting pistol was fired and Barry started to run at normal speed, then he suddenly got lightning speed. He stopped at halfway ahead of everyone else. Luckily no one saw what happened. "Woah! What just happened?" he asked himself. Then Thawne appeared.

"Who are you?" Barry asked. "Why don't you ask your father. He has all the answers" Thawne replied. Then he ran off.

Later at school, Barry was confused by what happened. And Kara met with him. "Thanks for coming to watch" he said. "You're welcome. You run pretty fast" she complimented. "Yeah. Don't I know it. It's not like I have super speed or anything" Barry joked. "Right. Super speed? That would be ridiculous" she teased. Kara would know about having abilities. "So, you doing anything tonight?" she asked. "No why?" he asked back. "I don't know. If you wanted, you could come round my house cause me and my sister are having Danvers sister game night. It would be fun if you joined" Kara suggested.

"I'd love that actually. Your sister wouldn't mind, would she?" he asked. "No she wouldn't" she said. "Okay, tonight it is. But just so you know, I'll win" he warned her. "Well, don't get too cocky because I'm the queen of board games" Kara said. "Okay, we'll just wait and see" Barry said.

Game night came and Barry and Kara were waiting for Alex, who didn't turn up. "I'm sorry you have to wait" Kara apologised. "Have you called her?" Barry suggested. Then Kara got a text. "Great! She can't make it, she's stuck at work. I guess game nightis cancelled. I'm sorry" apologised Kara. "That's okay. I get it" he said. "I was really excited for you to meet Alex, but not today I guess. Sorry for wasting your time. You can go home if you want" Kara said.

"I'm fine for staying, just because your sister isn't here doesn't mean we still can't have fun" Barry said. "We can hangout and watch a movie" she suggested. "Sure. Let's see what you got" he said. "Okay, we've got action, romance, drama. Oh and my absolute favourite: Wizard of Oz" Kara. "Why don't we watch that?" Barry suggested. "Sure" she said.

Halfway through the film, Kara went into the kitchen to get some popcorn, and Barry followed her when she was taking a few minutes.

"You okay?" he asked. "Is there something wrong with me?" she questioned. "No of course not. Why would you ask that?" he questioned. "It's just, I've been thinking and maybe this whole thing is my fault" she replied. "Kara, Jake cheating on you isn't your fault. It's his cause he's a dick. He had something amazing with you, and it was his choice to ruin that" he answered. "You did nothing wrong. You're smart, kind and beautiful  and overall just amazing" he said.

"You're just saying that" she said. "No I'm not. It's the truth. You're one of the kindest, bravest and most incredible person I've ever met. Jake might not have seen that, but I do. But I have since the moment I met you" Barry said. They both looked at each other and laughed. They got some more popcorn and continued watching Wizard of Oz.

The next day, Kara and Vanessa met up with each other during lunch. "How have you been doing lately?" Vanessa asked. "Okay. Barry and I watched Wizard of Oz last night" Kara replied. "Figures" Vanessa commented. "Do you like Barry?" she asked. Kara didn't answer. "Thought so. I know Barry likes you and you like him. I'm not stopping you from pursuing him" Vanessa said. "Okay see ya" she said. Vanessa saw Barry and was going to tell him what she did with Kara.

"Hey Barry, we need to talk" she said. "What about?" he asked. "Look, you don't need to deny it. I know you like Kara and she likes you. Now I like you too, but you like her. No, love her. Don't think of me as a rival, but as a friend. Later" she said.

That night, Barry arrived home to see his dad sitting on the porch, with a scotch in his hand.

"Hey dad" Barry greeted. "Hey son. How was school?" Henry asked. "Good. That um, strange feeling came back as I was running on the track. And a guy appeared with incredibly lightning speed. He also told me that I should ask you" Barry replied. Henry stood up and said "I knew this day would come. It's time you knew why we moved and what me and your mother were doing".

Barry's father was going to reveal all.

To be continued...