* Chapter 2 *

- Something Unusual -

Young Judy had quite the peaceful life now compared to before she would say and she had hoped it would continue on for a long while. But it seems that nature had other plans for her.

It all began when she started feeling a bit weird, but in the good way, she felt some kind of power or energy run through her from time to time. Times when she thought she could accomplish anything. Some other time, she was able to hear the neighbouring household having a fit between husband and wife and the man would end up beating his own wife, the one he is supposed to protect, cherish and love. It's to wonder how he managed to show his lovely side in public when once they are alone, all he does is beat up the poor lady, but he just does. The fact that Judy could hear them did not bothered her, she thought of it as their personal business. The only thing freaking her out was that they were a couple of miles away, yet she could hear all the way to their heartbeats.

It came to the point where she could not take it anymore and thought of asking for help, then she thought of the little songs her mom taught her when she was younger when she felt bad and it would always soothe her no matter what was wrong, she would just fall asleep then wake up as if nothing ever happened. So when those times came, she would recite the multiple times rocking herself then falling asleep even though she did not understand what was happening with her. She thought she would fine as long as she calmed and reassured herself with the little songs, but she had no idea what was on the way to her.

One day while going back home, Judy saw people gathered in front of lady Mcrell's house, witch was unusual. Lady Mcrell was an old woman, and she hated it, always criticizing others and never happy. Typical way of a woman who never had fun and aged before she realised it if you ask.

She was known for complaining about everything and literally ever-y-thing. Always wearing a black veiled hat "It's for my late husband" she would answer if you asked her the reason she was always veiled. Thought she never married. All the town knew her story like the back of their hands and ceased to mind her an awful while ago.

So imagine her surprise when Judy saw all that crowd gathered around her as if she was giving a show worth billions.

"What is going on?" Judy asked passing across the crowd. Pushing and making her way deeper into the people.

"So she finally lost it huh!!" One said, "Delusions are frequent nowadays" the other said.

When she finally made her way close to the old lady's house she saw Lady Mcrell sitting on a small wooden chair, draped in a blanket, right in front of her porch, she was shivering and looking pale, as if she saw the devil himself.

The usual wrinkled, angry faced and self-centred Lady looked like a docile little puppy that's begging for food. "What's the matter Lady Mcrell?" Judy asked when she finally managed to make her way to the front. "I...I...saw it, I saw it..." she was murmuring to herself, oblivious of her surroundings.

"The old lady is going crazy, she's saying she saw a wolf in her yard, her Y-A-R-D." Henry explained to Judy who just arrived. He made sure to emphasize on the word yard for her to understand the absurdity of what the old woman was saying.

The handsome Henry Jonhson, grey haired, blue eyes filled with confidence, every girl in town would die to go out with him, not just for his looks but also because he was the mayor's son therefore, a good party to marry and follow.

Jonhson on the other hand had interests on his own.

"I'm not crazy, I saw it, I really saw it with my own eyes I'm telling you." The terrified woman shouted. "I'm perfectly sane." She persisted.

"But... last time you thought you saw a thief in your house." Henry said.

There was a rumoured story like that, Lady Mcrell caught a thief in her house. She made an uproar in the town but turns out nothing was stolen from her. To this day, no one knew what the thief looked like, nor could she place a name on the person.

"What would a wolf be doing in a town like ours? Think about it a little." Mr Sentiola asked, making his way. The trembling woman had a hard time arguing with people who refused to believe her and little by little, the sun came down and out came the moon.

Night came, the stars filled the dark blue sky, you could hear wild animals having a life of their own. Everyone went home, Judy and Henry where still there though, trying to comfort the Lady. "Old lady, are you sure you saw a wolf?" Jonhson asked again. "Yes! I'm sure of what I saw, my eyes are as sharp as yours and don't call me old" she hated to be reminded she was old, that's why she made sure every single one of them called her Lady.

"But we're not in mountains or such" Judy said. As a matter of fact, the nearest mountain or forest was at least a couple of days away from their town. The town was surrounded by water and vast plains. " Ah! So you finally said something!" Henry exclaimed with his loud voice.

Judy just glared at him ignoring his remark, after all, "what better answer to a fool than pure ignorance" she thought to herself. But she was all the while being confused of such words.

"Look, why don't both of you go home. It's getting late, and I'm getting tired of all this, I need to rest" lying on the sofa, the woman interrupted them with a frail voice. Her brown eyes were looking drowsy and we could sense that all she wanted now was some shut-eye. She then accompanied her words with some gesture by dusting the sofa she was lying in and covering herself from head to toe with the blanket.

Compassing with the old lady, Judy agreed to retire for today and come back tomorrow, Henry proposed to see her off but she refused "Thank you but I know the way to my own house, surely you don't think I am like any other girl in this town that just seems to agree with whatever you say do you? " She angrily said opening the door and leaving the house with a little grin on her face feeling satisfied that she managed to shut that little arrogant up for the afternoon he made her go through.

But that small grin seemed to light up the entire habitat who was suffering of dimness for a while now.

Whilst for Henry, it lit a flame in his heart and would consume him later on.

Henry indeed had interests of his own.

The next morning, wanted papers were placed throughout Owswell, on the papers was the image of a black wolf with fierce grey eyes.

"Looks like Lady Mcrell didn't go straight to bed after we left her after all." Young Judy told herself while crossing the alley down to Mcrell's.

"I brought you goat milk and bread!!!" She said when opening the door after pressing the door bell, to which, nobody answered.

"Oh lord couldn't you bring some sweet chocolate or something? Isn't it what you lots like?" The lady groaned, still lying on her sofa, in the same posture as yesterday, one would think she didn't moved.

"Not really, I've never tried it before, is it good?" The ignorant girl asked. "Why you asking me!?"Mcrell spit at her,

"You seem to know a lot of things"

" Well nobody believes me anyway so what's the point." Lady Mcrell was now sitting on her sofa looking as energetic as one could be.

"I believe you" Skats said innocently glad at her answer, on the contrary, the old lady seemed rather surprised of such reply.

"I saw a price under the image of a black wolf, is it for real?"

"Of course it is, I'll gladly give 2000$ to the one who brings me that beast's head" old Mcrell cruelly let out. Seeing how the young girl was looking at her she added

"What, you don't believe me either do you, it's just like the thief!? Why are you even here?"

"I believe you, I really do, but I want to know so can you tell me?"

The old lady looked at Judy hesitantly, with a sigh and after what seemed like a long minute of silent wait she took a deep breath before she started her story.

----------#####################----------