Chapter 5

"Where are they?" Lexie says worried.

"Lexie they have two more minutes before we have to leave. In the mean time everyone needs to put a bottle of water and a little bit of paper in a bag." Owen says.

  Christina passes the bottles around and Mark distributes bags from the Day Care to everyone. Richard gives every one a chunk of paper and each member of the group slides the necessities into their bag and then puts the bag around their shoulders.

  "Okay everyone our half an hour is up we need to get going if we can make it out of the city within the next half an hour." Chief states getting out of his seat. 

  Mark grabs a bag full of food and so does Teddy. Arizona picks up the bag full of scrubs.  Everyone complies except for Cristina and Lexie, their sister and their person was still gone. Christina is holding Bailey and Lexie, Zola.

  "Cristina let's go." Hunt says staring at his wife.

  "I'm not leaving without Mere. No."  Christina says shaking her head. 

  "Cristina this isn't the time for games, Meredith will be fine we need to go." Alex says.

  "I'm with Yang. I'm not leaving without her, she's my sister." the younger Grey states

  "Lexie Cristina we have no time for games.  If you want to be ripped apart like that patient, or survive at all, you need to come with us. Now!"Mark says

  Tears stream down Lexie's face and she gets up and Christina follows suit trying to keep the tears ,she feels filling her eyelids, back. Both children are out of the girls arms and into the arms of Alex and Mark.

  The group walks down the back stair well and to the enterence of the ER.

  "Okay so I count two undead patients and three doctors" Alex says looking around into the black room only sunlight from the double doors  to luminate the room.

  "Owen and I have this."Cristina says before running up behind the dead and plunging her knife in the back of it's head.

  Immediately the creature drops and the rest attatch their attention the the young doctor.  Cristina runs angrily towards the next one and makes it fall as her husband comes next to her and works on the next one.  Cristina angrily finishes off the last two trying to keep her being angry and sad over meredith inside.

  "Let's go" Cristina growls.

  The gang follows the young and angry Cardiothoracic surgeon to the ambulance bay.  Two ambulances with their doors open and dead courpses of the paramedics lie on the ground next to the ambulance.

  "What do we do now?"Teddy asks

  "Well the paramedics might have the keys on them so lets check there but meanwhile everyone else should get in."Mark says walking over to a body.

  The keys are in the front pocket of the standard-issued paramedic jacket.  Mark finds them and walks to the front seat and opens the door of the ambulance.

  "What are we waiting for?" Mark calls out before sitting in the drivers seat and buckling his seatbelt.

  Owen gets into the passanger seat and straps in his seat belt.  Alex and Avery help April,Teddy and Lexie inside the ambulance. Zola and Bailey are put in Lexie's lap. Richard denies help and sits in a seaMiranda pushes herself into the back of the ambulance and pulls little Tuck close to her and tucks her feet in.   Arizona gets in the back and slides next to

Lexie and Callie places Sofia in her arms before sitting next to her.  Cristina takes another look at the hospital doors and hopes Meredith will walk out the doors.

  "Cristina please get in the viechle we can't spare any time" Jackson says.

  Alex jumps in to the back and sits down on the floor next to Calliope tucking his knees to his chest and lets his arms hang over them.

  Cristina looks down and takes a step onto the ambulance, taking Jackson's hands to steady herself.

  "Wait!" Someone screams coming from the hospital.

  Christina looks back and sees Meredith and Derek covered in blood running towards them.

  Cristina smiles and gets into the ambulance followed by Jackson and Derek who sits next to Miranda across from Cristina.  Meredith sets down the medicinal bag and sits next to her person.

  "Meredith your alive." Lexie says reaching for her sister's hand, shedding tears.

  Meredith takes Lexie's hand and nods in comfermation.

  "Are we ready to go?" Mark asks in the drivers seat.

  "Yes." Comes from April.

  Mark nods and starts the transmission before driving out of the hospital's territory completely.

_________________________________________
Hope you all liked it. Characters you want more of? Ships you want with more scenes? Comment answers.