3. Bad Luck For New Beginnings

I reached the big white porch and rang the door bell. I quickly fixed my hair and ran my tongue over my teeth to make myself presentable. It took a few seconds. I looked down to my feet getting a look at my shoes. The door opened.

“Uh hi?” I looked up. There was a man standing there with blonde hair. He was in need of a root touch up. Maybe this is Mike, then again he has green eyes, but Beth didn’t say what mikes looked like.

“Hi.”

“Wow you fan girls can be quite creepy. Don’t you know this is private property? You can’t just waltz up here and expect to receive a picture or autograph.” He said quite sternly.

“I’m sorry?” I said it like I had no idea what he was talking about, because I didn’t. He raised an eyebrow. “Uh, I’m looking for a Frank Wright.”

“And you are?”

“Tristy Baker.” He looked me over and I looked at myself to figure out just what he was looking at. “Are you him? Do I have the wrong address or something?” I said seriously. He smiled and chuckled a bit.

“You don’t know who I am do you?” I huffed impatiently. I don’t really have time for games.

“Are you Frank Wright?” He laughed a bit.

“No I‘m Billie.” He smiled and stuck his hand out. I took it and raised an eyebrow and shook his hand. He’s not dark headed and tall. He’s about as tall as I am, maybe just a few inches taller. I’m 5 foot 3. Boy will Beth be in for a shocker.

“So does a Frank live her or are you just wasting my time?” I asked kind of sarcastically. He chuckled and turned back.

“TRE! Door for you!” He yelled.

“Who is it?” I heard a voice from another room yell.

“A Tristy Baker.” He looked back at me and turned. “She looks legal!” I scrunched my face. He turned back to me. “Oh shit, I didn’t mean like that I just meant… that you uh look like you’re from a court or something y’know. Serving up subpoenas?”

“No I am not.” He nodded. We turned back when we heard something fall and break. It sounded like glass. I peaked in to see a man in black pants, red socks, and a striped shirt running toward us. His hair was my color, light brown, and a bit spiked in the front. He quickly stopped dead in his tracks beside Billie and his jaw dropped.

“Um.. Are you Frank Wright?” He nodded with wide eyes. I blinked a few times as he started lifting strands of my hair. When he started to reach for my face Billie quickly pulled his hand away as I leaned back.

“Yeah…” He said letting out a breath still scanning me with his blue eyes. I pulled my hand to my chest.

“I’m Tristy Baker, and… I really need to talk to you.” He gulped and nodded. He led me in and we sat at his kitchen table. His eyes were still glued to me. Billie noticed and chuckled sitting by him.

“Damn Tre burn a hole in her face why don’t you.” Frank blinked a few times into focus.

“I-I’m sorry it’s just… I can’t believe you’re here!” Now I was a bit confused. Was he expecting me? Billie just looked back and forth between us confused.

“Alright wait a minute.” He pulled Frank by his shoulder to him. “Who is she?” He turned back to me.

“She’s my daughter.” He knew! He went to reach for my cheek but I quickly stood making my chair slide back.

“You knew about me this whole time?!” I don’t know why I got so mad; maybe it’s because I can’t stand when fathers don’t stand up and be a man and take care of their children.