Chapter 12

Chunhua widened the door, letting Yangyang stroll in. She noticed him tense up at the sight of Xiaojun, who was practically glaring at the poor cyborg.

"It's fine, I trust him." Chunhua said, referring to Yangyang before shifting to Xiaojun. "And Yangyang here is a friend of mine, helping me out."

Xiaojun didn't seem convinced, nodding his head but it was enough for Yangyang as took a chip out, placing it into a screen.

"If any word of this leaves the room, we're all dead." Yangyang mumbled as he began to set up.

Chunhua decided to place her hand on Xiaojun's shoulder, hoping it would reassure him. She gave him a small smile as he looked up, his eyes softening.

"Remember when you I told you how I lost my memory?"  Chunhua said quietly.

"Of course." Xiaojun replied, back to his usual emotionless tone. Chunhua motioned to Yangyang.

"I asked him to help me find out how." Chunhua explained.

"And I did." Yangyang said dryly, turning the screen towards them. "And it's worse than I thought."

Chunhua watched as Yangyang played the video, showing her roaming through the halls of the facility. She came upon an unfamiliar door, when Kun approached her.

So he removed my memories, Chunhua thought as a throbbing pain shot through her head.

"Ow." Chunhua groaned, the sight of her memories beginning to cause a headache. Yangyang decided to stop the video as Chunhua brought her hands to her head, Xiaojun standing up.

"You should lie down." Xiaojun said, gently pulling Chunhua towards her bed. She decided to let him, finding it easier than to go against him.

"That door." Chunhua mumbled as she sat down, Xiaojun bending to help her slip her shoes off. "Why is it so important that Kun had to remove my memories?"

"Beats me, I don't work here." Yangyang said with a shrug but Xiaojun seemed to have different thoughts.

"It leads to the research facility." Xiaojun said softly, just loud enough for the two of them to hear. "That's where battle cyborgs are developed and where Beta and Omega team are."

"Lalala, I can't hear you." Yangyang said, plugging his ears as Xiaojun shot him a look. Chunhua completely understood the meaning behind his childish behaviour though.

"He just doesn't want to know." Chunhua said, making Xiaojun turn back to her. "He works for Intelligence too, the less he knows, the better."

"He workds for Ten though." Xiaojun said, suprising Chunhua with his knowledge on her friend. "And Ten is one of Kun's most important workers. Out of the three of us here, his life is the safest."

"It's still Intelligence though." Yangyang pointed out, his eyes darkening. "No one is safe here."

Chunhua desperately wanted to ask Yangyang more but her head was not feeling the same way as she let out another groan.

"You need to rest." Xiaojun said, gently pushing her down.

"I agree with him." Yangyang said, taking the chip out of the screen and placing it in Chunhua's hands. "And I need to head back and find Ten so he can wipe my memories too so I don't get in big trouble."

"Thanks Yangyang." Chunhua mumbled, giving her friend a smile.

"Anytime." Yangyang responded before poking Xiaojun. "And you, make sure to take care of her because she's one of the few friends I have."