Chapter 20

Chunhua felt small in Yuechen's presence, the girl projecting strength and confidence. She was gorgeous, tall, and skinny, her outfit showing off her proportions perfectly.

Yuechen had brought Chunhua to her room, searching for some clothes for her. She brought a few dresses, but Chunhua honestly didn't think she could fit any of them.

"What's up with that face?" Yuechen asked, pouting as she placed the dresses down. "You're out of Central, you're safe now."

Chunhua was hesitant on opening up but Yuechen must have saw right through her. "That cyborg, you care about him, don't you?"

"I do." Chunhua admitted, glancing at the dresses on Yuechen's bed. "He means a lot to me."

"Well I'm sure he'll be fine, my mother is very good at what she does." Yuechen said, giving Chunhua a small smile as she picked out one more dress from her closet. "So why don't we get you dolled up for when he wakes up."

Chunhua shook her head, smiling as she took the dress from Yuechen's hands.

...

"Really?" Chenle said, spinning in the chair at the computer as he watched the girls exit Yuechen's room

Chunhua was wearing the dress Yuechen had suggested, straightening her hair and lining her eyes.

"Some of us don't like looking like a mess everyday." Yuechen said, glaring at her brother before turning to the couch where her mother was, staring at Xiaojun with Renjun by her side.

"How is he?" Chunhua asked, approaching the two. Xiaojun's head was bandaged and his eyes were still closed, but his wounds were healed.

"He's stable for now." Ms. Zhong said, glancing up at Chunhua. The woman smiled as she met Chunhua's eyes. "We can move him into the spare room that you two will be staying in."

According to Renjun, the Zhong family were once Central citizens, but were relocated to the Underground City for some odd reason. That made them on the wealthier side of things, owning a larger apartment than most, but they were conservative, choosing to help the poor rather than spending it on themselves.