Part 4

The next morning all of us, including the twins and Molly and Arthur Weasley, were all gathered around the fireplace. “Lilly, I trust you know how to use the floo network?” Molly asked, smiling fondly at me, as Fred was swallowed up by emerald flames and span out of view.

“Sure” I returned her smile.

“Would you like to go next?”

I shrugged “alright.” I stepped into the fireplace and took a handful of floo powder before dumping it at my feet and, as green flames shot up from the coals, I shouted “Diagon Alley!”

When I slid out of the fireplace I saw that Fred was waiting patiently to the side but when he saw me he looked disappointed. “Oh” he grimaced “it’s you.”

“What?” I dusted myself off and eyed him in annoyance.

“I was expecting George” he shrugged “anyway, when he does get here tell him I’ll be waiting for him in Gambol and Japes” before he turned on his heel and slunk away with his hands in his pockets.

“Hey” I frowned but when he ignored me my temper got the better of me. He’d been ignoring me for a little over a week and now he was acting like a two year old! “Fred Weasley, you get back here!” I yelled before running after him, not thinking about waiting for the others to arrive. I caught up with him easily before grabbing his arm and yanking him round to face me; the expression on his face would have made me laugh if I hadn’t been so pissed off. “Don’t you dare walk away from me, Weasley” I growled at him “especially when I have no clue why you’re being so horrible to me!”

Fred’s eyes widened at me “you think I’m being horrible to you?”

“Yes I do!” I snapped irritably.

“I’m not-” he looked over to the grates to see that Ron had just arrived before towing me away from the main road and down a side street which was only used to home bins. “I’m not being horrible to you.” He whispered.

“What so blatantly ignoring me and avoiding me is not horrible?”

“I wasn’t-” he paused again before shaking his head “ok, ok, maybe it was a bit horrible-”

“And childishly rude” I interrupted.

“Yes” he sighed “but I can explain.”

“I’m listening” I folded my arms and narrowed my eyes at him before leaning against the wall and waiting.

Fred stared at me for a moment looking guilty and sorry before he shook his head again. “Lilly, I wanted to talk to you about this the day we played Quidditch but whatever Harry wanted was apparently too important.”

I stared at him for a moment, shocked by how he’d just said Harry’s name; he’d said it with so much venom that I’m surprised that his eyes didn’t turn red. “What-”