Part 15

"Lilly!" A pillow hit me in the face. "Lilly, you overslept; get up!"

"How can I have overslept?" I groaned, rolling over "it's Saturday!"

"It's Quidditch!"

It's Quidditch? The words took a moment or two to sink in but, when they did, I shot out of bed as fast as I could as dressed in record time. "Shit, shit, shit!" I cursed as I hopped on one foot, trying to put my socks on. "What's the time?"

"Ten" came her reply.

I collapsed onto my bed, my sock only half on, and gawked at her. I'd missed breakfast! "Damn" I groaned, suddenly feeling so hungry I felt like I was going to pass out or die from starvation. "I can't function, Hermione!" I exclaimed dramatically as I flopped onto my back and stared up at the canopy above me.

"Oh, don't be so silly!" She told me "come on, hurry up or the team will leave without you."

"But I can't function without food!" I whined

"Well, it's your own fault you missed breakfast. Why were you up so late anyway?"

I sighed heavily, sitting back up and shoving my foot all the way into my sock. "I was talking to Fred." Hermione raised her eyebrows at me, evidently waiting for me to elaborate but I said nothing more until I was fully dressed in my Quidditch gear and had my broom slung over my shoulder. "He wants to give it another go" I finally admitted, my hand paused on the doorknob "and I told him that I'd think about it. That's all there is to it right now." I opened the door and lead the way down the staircase, toward the common room.

"What do you think you're going to say?"

"Dunno" I shrugged "unless he makes some kind of grand gesture then I really don't see-" I trailed off when I caught the overwhelming scent of something that could only be bacon. "Food" I muttered and charged down the last few stairs completely forgetting that I was in the middle of a conversation. "Who has food?!" I shouted to the almost empty dormitory. "Show yourselves now and there will be no need for anyone to get hurt."

"Over here, Lil"

My head whipped around at the sound of the voice and I found Fred, grinning from ear to ear, sitting on floor by the fire, with Harry, Ron, George and Lee Jordan. The table was piled high with all kinds of breakfast food. I could see Pancakes, toast, at least three different kinds of egg, cereal, waffles, crumpets, sausages, black pudding, hash browns and bacon. There was more stuff underneath that stuff though and I was dying to find out what it was.

"I knew you'd get up late" he stated "which would mean that you'd miss breakfast so I decided to bring breakfast to you."

'Good lord' I thought to myself as I gravitated toward the food 'he knows how to please me...I am such a goner.'

Half an hour later and filled to the brim with whatever I push into my mouth, I wobbled down to the Quidditch pitch, with the others, feeling ten times heavier than I normally did.