Part 14

Severus Snape was stood in the middle of the Slytherin common room with every eye in the room focusing on him. Severus noted that everyone looked a little scared yet curious as to why he was visiting them; surely he visited the Slytherin common room often enough...didn't he? Either way, their fear amused him somewhat and he had to fight to keep the humour off his face. "Go about your business" he told everyone coldly and they did.

He felt more than one pair of eyes following him as he crossed the room to the boys staircase and was relieved when he finally rounded out of sight and stepped into the second year dormitory where Crabbe and Goyle were sat on their beds, stuffing cake and sweets into their mouths.

"Out!" Severus Snapped at them just as he thought that they'd be of more use to him if they stayed put. "Wait" he said quickly, before noticing that neither of them had moved and just stared gormlessly at him. "Where does Draco keep his private letters?" Crabbe and Goyle continued to stare at him as though they hadn't understood a single word that had just come out of his mouth. Severus had to count to ten to keep him from docking points from them. "I am not in the habit of docking points from my own house" he stated threateningly "but both of you will be losing more than enough points for the others to notice if you don't start talking!"

"In his trunk" Goyle finally said "in a black box which is locked."

"Five points to Slytherin" Snape said before "which is Draco's bed?" Both boys pointed to the bed which was closest to the door. Severus swooped down on the trunk and lifted the lid; he had to dig for the box which was rather unpleasant. He came across a couple of pairs of unwashed underwear and had to stop himself from gagging but, finally, his fingers found the box which was about the size of a text book and about as deep as ten. "Alohomora" he muttered. The box clicked open and found that what he was looking for was right on top of the pile; five, identical, letters filled with information about himself and Draco's mother. Snape seized them and stuffed them into the pockets of his robes before locking the box, putting it back and reburying it. "If you two breathe a word of this to Draco" he hissed at the two boys as he closed the lid of the trunk "Slytherin will lose every single point they have earned. Do you understand?" Crabbe and Goyle nodded frantically and continued nodding as Severus swooped out of the dormitory, back down the stairs and out of the common room.

As Snape made his way to the library, he silently worried whether or not he'd managed to get them all and had to talk himself out of going back to check. Once he reached the library, he found Lilliana sitting beside Draco; she was explaining how theory is just as, if not more, important as the practical stuff because, without the theory, the practical would be completely and utterly useless.

Severus narrowed his eyes at the fact that his daughter was actually helping the little blackmailing slime ball; he made a mental note to find something to frame Draco for. As much as he loved and protected his house, he loved his daughter more and what she was doing was selfless; if it had been him being blackmailed, he'd have cursed the little worm into next week.

"You two have ten minutes to back to your dormitory before curfew" he told them, making them jump "I suggest that you pack up and leave now before I am forced to dock points from you." Lilliana turned around to stare at him, her eyes wide. In her minds eye, Severus saw the letter that she was being blackmailed with and he nodded at her.

Smiling, Lilly turned to Draco and sighed heavily. "Sorry to tell you this, bro, but I don't think I want to help you anymore." Severus figured that her spell must have worked on him.