Chapter 5: A day before Valentine's.

February 13th - 2039
_____________________

Snow is begging to slowly fade away, as spring attempts to make its way in.
Many hangouts have been exchanged with Chloe and Connor, they've developed a friendship pretty easily over these 2 months.
In present timing, Connor is on a walk with Markus and he bought Sumo along because why not.

𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: So, Are you doing anything special for Valentine's day?
Connor tilts his head at Markus in confusion.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Do people usually do anything for it?
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: ..It seems like I'll have to teach you human holidays..
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Valentine's day is the day of love, couples bring eachother gifts. Most commonly given gifts are heart shaped chocolates and cards that the partner writes.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: ..But I don't have a partner?
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Well, it doesn't have to be a partner, could be a friend. But..
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: But what?
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Some people ask others to be their "valentine".
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: What's that?
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: I don't know much about it, but I believe it means asking them to spend Valentine's with them? They usually bring red roses and ask their desired person to be their valentine.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: I don't know of anyone to ask.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: ..You sure about that?
Markus gives Connor a slight smirk indicating that Connor knows who he's talking about.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: ..No.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Forget it, Markus. I'm not asking her.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Oh come on, you guys have been really close with eachother for the past 2 months.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Still. What if she says no?
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Doubting yourself now? Connor, you're the most clueless, adorable person I've ever met. Of course she'll say yes!
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: You don't know for sure if she'll say yes. What if I screw up? What if she doesn't like me like that? What of she takes it the wrong way? What if-
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Hey, hey slow down there. Get all of these thoughts out of your head, you'll do amazing ok?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: That's easy for you to say, Markus..
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: It's easier said than done.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Sure it is, We all screw up, no one's perfect. Even us androids. You can ask her in a lowkey way, like "Will you be my Valentine? Like would you like to hangout with me for Valentine's day?"
Just so she doesn't get the wrong impression.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: I guess I can try that..
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: There you go! That's the spirit, have a little more confidence in yourself. Actually, you have enough confidence to blow up a place and not worry about being arrested for it.
Connor chuckles at Markus' description of Connor's confidence level.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Alright, I'll ask her. But I'm just nervous because I've never had any contact with women like this. I don't know what they like, how they'd fancy to be treated, I just don't know.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Hmm.. Well, you can't really figure them out, but I know a female that can help you plan out a good impression.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: ?
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: How about you come to my house after delivering Sumo back home and we can talk about this?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: That sounds good. I'll see you there.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: See you.

Markus and Connor depart, while Connor's on his way back home, he wonders about the several outcomes him asking Chloe could turn out.
He decides to ignore the possibly humiliating outcomes and focus on what Markus had advised him with.
He knows for sure that she isn't taken, he's collected enough information about her in these past 2 months as if he's known her for 2 years.
Connor finally arrives back home, unleashes Sumo and prepares the hungry dog's meal.
Hank stumbles into the room dressed up.

𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Going somewhere?
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: Yeah, Garry invited me to a hangout.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: I'm proud of you, lieutenant. Going out and being social.
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: Thanks, Connor. I'm trying.
He grabs a hot cup of coffee Connor prepared.
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: What about you? Doin' anything?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: I'm.. I'm going to Markus' house, he's going to teach me how to approach females in a friendly way.
Hank almost chockes on his coffee.
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: He what?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: He'll teach me how approach-
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: No, I heard you. Just making sure you're not fucking with me.
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: Why? You planing on making moves on some android or what?
Thirium rushes to Connor's face with his mouth left hanging open, waiting for anything to be said.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: N-No.. Not like that. Markus told me that on Valentine's day people ask eachother to be their valentine, so I took his advice and.. I guess I'll ask Chloe.
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: Hm, and I'm guessing you're nervous to ask her, that's why he's going to teach you how to approach her?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Correct.
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: Alright.. Listen kiddo, I gotta get going, Garry's outside.
As Hank walks over to the door, he leans to Connor's side to tell him something.
𝙃𝙖𝙣𝙠: From my experience, don't wear a shit ton of cologne.
Hank leaves the house and Connor changes his clothes to go to Markus' house.

𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚊𝚗𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎 - 7:00 𝚙𝚖

Connor finds himself at Markus' house. Markus took Carl's house as he and Leo made a deal. Leo takes most of the money and Markus gets the residence. Markus wanted to look after the house and Carl's precious paintings as he is sure that Leo would've sold them for more money.
Connor exits his car then makes his way to the door.
To his surprise, the door automatically welcomes him.
"𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙲𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚘𝚛."
Connor enters the rather large residence, he makes his way to the living room as he remembers from the last time he was here.
He's greeted by Markus and North.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Hey, Connor!
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Hiya! Come on in! We've got lots to talk about.
Connor makes his way into the living room and gets seated as North sits in front of him.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: So Markus told me that you'd like to ask Chloe to be your Valentine?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Well, yes but-
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: But you don't know how to approach her.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Yes.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Well, you came to the right place.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Oh lord.. Here we go.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Step one, don't ever show the emotion that you're awkward or afraid.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: But.. If you show that you're nervous, wouldn't the other person be more understanding?
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Don't question my methods!
North gets up and walks around while lecturing Clueless Connor.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Step two, be cool about it. Don't act tough, don't act too soft, just right in the middle. Be neutral.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: North, I don't think that's-
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Shush, Markus! Anyways. Step three, don't forget the roses. Lucky for us androids, we can't be allergic to anything, so that's a plus for you.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Step four. Nothing drives a woman more insane than someone who's ignorant, doesn't listen to them, doesn't care about anyone but themselves. But I doubt very much that you're that type of person.
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: I'm not like that at all?
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Good! Give her your attention. Listen to her. We love when someone can understand us.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Finally some decent advice..
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: I heard that.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Ahem, I mean, you're doing great sweetie.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Ew, lose the "sweetie".
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: Fine. At least now I have something new to tease you with.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: ANYWAYS.. Are there any questions you'd like to ask?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: Uh.. What do I do if she declines?
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Well, you'll of course be upset, but you have to keep it cool, don't ball up into a clump of awkwardness. And even if she says no, you can try again some other time when she gets to know you better. Sometimes no just means not yet.
𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙪𝙨: That's my girl.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Thank you, Markus~
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: I'm still here.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Oh, sorry about that.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Anymore questions?
𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙤𝙧: No.. I think I'll be fine.
𝙉𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙝: Alright, wear something nice, don't over dose on cologne and play. It. Cool.
Connor nods to her thanks Markus and North then exits the residence with a new found confidence.

We'll see what he comes up with in the next chapter..
_________________________________________

Hii, sorry for taking so long to upload this, but I'll try to upload more often.
Stay tuned to the next chapter (˵ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°˵)

𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩: 1365

𝓣𝓪𝓽𝓪~❤